What are you wearing?

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Hey ladies, looking for input on what you wear on the mountain for layers. I never seem to have the right combination.. and I'm always cold. Any suggestions other than $klim$ would be rad. Base layer, mid layer, etc. What are you wearing:beer:
cheers

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies, looking for input on what you wear on the mountain for layers. I never seem to have the right combination.. and I'm always cold. Any suggestions other than $klim$ would be rad. Base layer, mid layer, etc. What are you wearing:beer:
cheers

damn i was expecting something totally different

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was kind of thinking like polarice until I read this!! But anyways...

I wear lots of layers. Tank, T-shirt, Turtle neck, nylon jersey, fleece ski-doo jacket, and the outer layer is my jacket (thick in winter/thinner for spring). I'm never cold and if I'm ever too warm I put the smaller layers in a back pack. Other than that, there must be some sort of battery operated jacket out there somewhere, if not I'm sure there will be soon, just like the workboots!! Good luck :)

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cheers

For my base layer...I have top and bottom long underwear from polaris.
For my middle layer...I did by Klim's woman's sundance jacket and pants
For my top layer...I wear insulated bibs. I was wearing Polaris pants but did switch to Klim women's bibs only to have the Gortex material. For jacket, I have a couple...one from Polaris and the other from Klim.

I wear quite abit of layers as I tend to get cold easy. Most people don't like to wear insulated jacket or pants but I am perfectly comfortable in mine.

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
cool thanks ladies, it's all about layers upon layers! Just gotta find me a good base!
cheers eh:)

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Under Armour compression for my base layer, Fleece is mid layer. I get cold really easy as well. I have a Klim jacket and bibs but find I sweat too much and then I freeze when I stop, so I have gone to unlined jacket and have yet to find pants I like. I really want a pair of bibs that are unlined. I like the bibs for all the times I biff it and the snow doesn't go up my back and down my pants. So I am also still looking for the perfect gear!!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Key is no cotton! Get fabrics that wick. A thin base, heavier mid layer and a waterproof/windproof shell/jacket should be all you need :)

HMK, Motorfist, FXR... good gear for less bux than Klim. :wtg:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the board shops. They have a lot of good stuff for half the price of klim.
Plus you won't look like a complete douche,Decked out in klim from head to toe.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if there's any left, but the Source warehouse sale had tons of base layer stuff before. Burton makes really good base and mid layer gear and some companies make wicking t-shirts (no cotton) that look normal so you don't have to look all Klim'd or granola'd up.

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the idea here is to post what works .......Reality is Klim works , I wear ...Base layer-Underarmour coldgear...Midlayer-Klim Fleece ....Top Layer Klim bibs and Jacket , I always get cold , and this works for me .....I have never been wet or cold , MotorFist makes a fantastic line also , Dobir has some and it works well.....HMK boots have kept my feet warm and dry ......Best advice , try a few different options , nothing works the same for everyone !! Good riding!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the idea here is to post what works .......Reality is Klim works , I wear ...Base layer-Underarmour coldgear...Midlayer-Klim Fleece ....Top Layer Klim bibs and Jacket , I always get cold , and this works for me .....I have never been wet or cold , MotorFist makes a fantastic line also , Dobir has some and it works well.....HMK boots have kept my feet warm and dry ......Best advice , try a few different options , nothing works the same for everyone !! Good riding!

Yeah you bet Klim works. Klim baselayer, and Klim jacket and pants for me.....never been cold or wet. Oh...and I have Klim boots too. They are AWESOME!!
However, HMK and Motorfist makes good stuff too from what I've heard. Good luck!!:d:d:d:d

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear underarmour cold/thermal for my base.. if its warm (-10 to the +'s) ill wear just a general underarmour shirt (still tight moisture wicking type) or normal tshirt with the thermal base. Bought the klim mid layers, but for some reason i think its guys haha so inferno top and bottoms.. then klim jacket and special blend snowboard pants..with the klim fleece vest in my sled seat if i get cooled off.. this vest is the cats a$$!!

if im riding around home (-20 and colder) ill wear jogging pants and the vest, or a sweater to keep warmer

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out some ski shops for base and mid layer stuff. Solomon makes some really cute fitted layering clothes in more than just black.

skidoogirl

Reaction score
Anything is better than cotton. I really prefer merino wool. It is warmer and seems to wick and dry better than synthetic fibers. It also doesn't stink. I usually wear a light 200 weight Icebreaker shirt, then my tekvest, then an HMK action jacket. If it's below 25 F, I will put either a fleece jacket or a heavier Icebreaker shirt on. If it's really cold, I wear a light Icebreaker, a medium or heavy one, a fleece, vest, jacket. There are days we ride that it's -15F, so I just keep adding merino in layers. They pack up small and can always come off and go in my pack.

For bottoms I wear a pair of Athleta leggings, and either board pants or Klim freerides. If it's below like 20F, I add a pair of fleece pants over my leggings, even like Old Navy pjs work well. Icebreaker is my favorite, you can get it on ebay cheaper. Smartwool is ok, seems a bit itchy though. There are cheaper brands, but Icebreaker is always soft and comfortable.

Top Bottom