What a trip and the final touch was a uhaul trailer

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rented a trailer as i had to go to my father in laws to pick up a few things. We left Friday on our way to Yorkton,sk. Ran into a blizzard just east of Saskatoon saw 3 cars hit the ditch all at the same time and the same spot. Slowed it down and made it to Yorkton. Woke up saturday to the same blizzard. Left there this morning after we loaded the little 4x8 enclosed trailer. Gas guage in my blazer has been acting up so of course we run out of gas about 15 miles east of Loyd. Started to walk and thankfully the rifle packing guy i stopped had a jerry can of gas. And yes he did have a gun on the front seat. So just east of Vegrevillei see a piece of paper fly from the back of the trailer i say something to my wife and then see some thing big sliding down the hiway. I slow down and pull over the wife gets out to check and comes back. And says the fn trailer door is gone. The fricken door fell off the trailer. Good thing uhaul has roadside assistance. Call and they have no one in that area. What a trip !!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty flukey bad weekend to make that trip. As to Uhaul, a relative used a big Uhaul cube truck to move from ottawa to Vancouver, and the truck sucked hard. Uhaul is a swear word in our family now.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recall watching a show years ago regarding u-haul and how unreliable / un-safe & hardly roadworthy their rentals are.

If I recall, it came down to where they were registered and how they can skirt around the local laws.....things may have changed (and please correct me if I am wrong) but it used to be the licence plates were always from out of the province/country they were being used in

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched that same show. And yes they are still registered in the states. But who would have thought a door would fall off the trailer. It could have been a lot worse is someone behind hit the door when it came off. Good thing it slid instead of cartwheeling.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all registered in Arizona, not sure how they get away with it but they do.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rented a car hauler from them once. They had about 20 in the lot and said they didn't have any available. Said they were all down for maintenance lol. Anyways they found me one that was good to go. Hit the brakes on the highway and the thing went out of control swaying side to side. Lifted the front left tirre of my one ton off the ground it was swaying so violently. Almost lost the whole rig. Checked the resevoir and it was almost empty. Thinking it was just applying one brake or something.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom