Wetaskiwin Snow Drags - March 6,2010

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nervous makes a good racer - all your spidy senses are working then.
I think you did real well.
Great to visit with you again Papajake.
got 3 place in mountain 700 not bad for my first race thought i was out of it after the second round but my number kept coming up got to race 7 times going next year need to make some minor adjustments a little nervous on the first 2 runs reaction times not the greatest what a blast up there with hillcliming for fun factor

48537d1267931036t-wetaskiwin-snow-drags-march-6-2010-img_9427.jpg

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that race pic i had my fat ass off the seat the mean looking starter guy came over and had a chat with me must have fat ass on seat on take off i ride standing up 99% of the time so i just stayed seated the other races

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All in all a good race. Good job and thanks to the volunteers for getting it done in a day this time around.

Seemed that many of the races were won by those that got the hole shot. Starting was tough due to the soft snow. Lots of spinning!! Hard to find a good spot at the start once it was chewed up a bit.

Good:
-Sunshine
-lots of sleds, many racers I have not seen before.
-A one day race.
-Lights ran flawlessly.
-Lots of happy people and smiling faces.

Bad:
-Out of the 7 or 8 races I had that day, all but my final race were in lane 1!! How the heck does that happen?! There were others in the same boat and that needs to change for next year.
-Lanes were not consistant. There were odd rises along the lanes. At one point about half way down lane 1 my sled came off the ground enough to let the track spin. That does not help win races. Lane 4 was pretty rough start to finish.
-People riding their Razr's and other 4 wheelers without helmuts. Especially the time where the girl was riding in the box part...WITH NO HELMUT! Yikes! Even open facers that are easy to put on would be better than nothing at all.

My hats off the guy that pushes the button for the lights. He sits there doing it all day and did a great job. Only got caught sleeping once. :beer:

Heard a rumour that this may be the last year as the volunteers are tiring. Hopefully the one day race made that easier and you will indeed be back. Which leads to the other rumour that if they do come back the Tri-County Club may get involved and use their groomer to set the tracks. YAY!

I would also like to see these races start about an hour or at least 1/2 hour earlier. Noticed that most racers were ready to go by 11AM. Would have been good to start shortly after that.

A good day at the races at better than....well, most everything else.

Thanks again to all the volunteers.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Okay, zrrrr, so how did you doo???? Didja win?

I would also like to comment that many people including racers complained of lack of sound system..... Fans across the track from the racers could barely hear anything, and several thought that when the "break" before eliminations was on, that the races were over and left...... They could'nt hear the announcer. Just sayin'

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

I would also like to comment that many people including racers complained of lack of sound system..... Fans across the track from the racers could barely hear anything, and several thought that when the "break" before eliminations was on, that the races were over and left...... They could'nt hear the announcer. Just sayin'

I happen to know a good sound guy that could cure that up........

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Testing 1 ....................2........................3...................

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heres a few pics I'll post the remainder later tonight. Theres 243 pics.

Attachments

• Resized_P3064993.jpg
    Resized_P3064993.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Resized_P3065107.jpg
    Resized_P3065107.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Resized_P3065139.jpg
    Resized_P3065139.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Resized_P3065146.jpg
    Resized_P3065146.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 49
  • Resized_P3064707.jpg
    Resized_P3064707.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Resized_P3065182.jpg
    Resized_P3065182.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Resized_P3065156.jpg
    Resized_P3065156.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 47

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope, no winning for me this time. Interesting thing was the people I usually run against in the final did not make it either. Lots of people and sleds I did not recognize. Guess the money brought people and sleds out of the wood work.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
nope, no winning for me this time. Interesting thing was the people i usually run against in the final did not make it either. Lots of people and sleds i did not recognize. Guess the money brought people and sleds out of the wood work.

ya, but all the big racing teams and names were in lac la biche for the points drags........ Just sayin', buddy

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, but all the big racing teams and names were in lac la biche for the points drags........ Just sayin', buddy

I meant they did not make the finals either....LLB was Sunday.....so what ARE you sayin'!? :d:beer:

PullThePin

Reaction score
Superb weather with excellent volunteers. Huge thanks to everyone who helped out and all the racers and spectators as well. Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested.......

I checked out the website of the photographer that left the flyer on our windshields. There are over 300 shots of the races.

Look for Wetaskiwin Snow Drags at the bottom.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Saw him there - he was running some pretty nice camera equipment. Great photos.
If anyone is interested.......

I checked out the website of the photographer that left the flyer on our windshields. There are over 300 shots of the races.

Look for Wetaskiwin Snow Drags at the bottom.

Top Bottom