West Yellowstone Snow conditions & where to stay for an awesome holiday

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
Well I have 2 weeks off in late december & have been wanting to go to West Yellowstone as I have never left Western Canada. I would like to see Yellowstone National Park for a few days but I really just want to ride in some insanely deep powder & to experience something new (hence why I would like to see the national park although my E-tec is better overall on emisions than a 4 stroke but is not aloud in the park, :realmad:). Any info & snow conditions, especially snow conditions would be awesome. I like how a person can ride 3 states from one place & the price, but great hospitality & people make a vacation a real vacation in somewhere new.
Any snow & accomodation info would be great, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

prudens point

Reaction score
Last year we stayed at South Plateau Cabins. If you look on Homeaway unde Weste Yellowstone, the details are there. This was a great trip for us but it was the atmosphere and the trails more than the snow. Last Jan was a low snow year. Checking out the park was something you need to do once, but it is a bad snowmobile ride. This is set up for tourists who have never been on a sled. You have to go on a guided tour, on a rented four stroke, in a line of ten sleds going 15mph, and stopping to look at evedry song bird etc. It was interesting and glad I did it but the riding part was a bit painful.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year we stayed at South Plateau Cabins. If you look on Homeaway unde Weste Yellowstone, the details are there. This was a great trip for us but it was the atmosphere and the trails more than the snow. Last Jan was a low snow year. Checking out the park was something you need to do once, but it is a bad snowmobile ride. This is set up for tourists who have never been on a sled. You have to go on a guided tour, on a rented four stroke, in a line of ten sleds going 15mph, and stopping to look at evedry song bird etc. It was interesting and glad I did it but the riding part was a bit painful.

We did the tracked bus tour a couple years ago. People were clammering to see a coyote in a field. My daughter and I just rolled our eyes and laughed. At the time we had a family of 1 with four pups living in our trees in our yard. Lol.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, I would still like to hear more. I understand how the park tour could be soso with non sledders but I did some research last year & there is a quick tour but I have to check the details again. Would be something very different to see which interests me but I did grow up on farm and I like to explore new places, plius I am not a trail rider by any means. I have been thinking about seeing the park for a couple days but I really want to play in the mountains outside of the park. I will also definitely check out the South Plateau Cabins

Top Bottom