were to buy a cheap 100/90/19 tire?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, Im going to pick one up there this weekend if my dad will take me. do you think if I gave them my rim they could throw it on?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, 40 bucks seems high to change a tire....get a decent set of tire spoons and learn to do it yourself.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I GOT A NEW TIRE YAAAAAY! I ended up getting a michelen starcross. I got the old used and abused rubber off and now im going to get riverside to put the newer safer rubber on. ;) I did my first BIG burnout in my garage with the old tire :) my nabours are pissed (4 called the police) I CANT WAIT TO TRY THE TIRE OUT!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tires are easy to do yourself with the correct tires, most MX tires are really easy to install, but a stiffer tire will not go on. One of the paddle tires we got out of the states from Skat Trak is harder than any tire I have ever seen! Kevlar re-inforced paddles and it will not flex, I had to take it to a dealer for install. Cost me $35. Just something to be aware of, the tire durometer hardness, size and sidewall will all determine how hard it is to install a tire. sometimes paying the money is just easier.... LOL

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta cycle. I bought a Kenda Millville for $50

Do yourself a favour and toss the Millvilles into the garbage.

They are good for a ride or two, then they tear off knobs and lose lots of traction as the rubber hardens.

I like the Bridgestone 200's and 400's. I run the Dunlop trials tire on the rear.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are good for a ride or two, then they tear off knobs and lose lots of traction as the rubber hardens.

I like the Bridgestone 200's and 400's. I run the Dunlop trials tire on the rear.

I dunno - maybe not for the racetrack but we ran a Millville on the hillclimber last season on the harder stuff I climbed and it was a good tire other than we tore it to shreds but that's too be expected from what we put it through. Overall it held up really well considering the extra torque and abuse it takes from the motor at 12,000 rpm. slightly softer than I would have liked, but for the price they are not a bad tire IMO. Tore some lugs up but never tore one off.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my old tire off, and tried to put my new one on but it was to stiff to do the last step.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never ran a Kenda/Millville but I hear they get chewed up really easily, I always run Michelin Starcross these tires last forever, 1 will last me a season or more.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My Millville is awesome. I ride a lot of sand and bush trails/cutlines and i'm on my 3rd season with it. I could definatly see that hard terrain would chew that tire up.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it really just depends on how much you ride, and what kind of terrain your usually riding. I ride 1-2 times a week in the season on average, various terrain, and yeah a starcross is lasting me maybe 1.5 of a season, but everyone I know that used to run millvilles says exactly what Shibby said, the knobs break off easily. I dont have this issue, my knobs just wear down, but never break off.

Top Bottom