Went to look at a car on Kijiji this evening

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says I went to look at a car this evening in Calgary. 1986 iroc z original paint, car was in really nice condition I was told, pictures looked good. So I get there not original paint, pinch welds all smashed to bits from people jacking it up wrong, engine and transmission leaking bad , patched up exhaust. Why can’t people just be honest? I drove 4hrs in total in my mind to look at a 5-6000 car not a 13k car . Frustrating....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at some Fuel rims for my truck that were supposed to be mint. Drove 2 hours and one wheel was perfect and the other 3 had flat tires from bald spots and paint peeling off the rims. Told the lady selling them for her kid that he was an azzhole.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title says I went to look at a car this evening in Calgary. 1986 iroc z original paint, car was in really nice condition I was told, pictures looked good. So I get there not original paint, pinch welds all smashed to bits from people jacking it up wrong, engine and transmission leaking bad , patched up exhaust. Why can’t people just be honest? I drove 4hrs in total in my mind to look at a 5-6000 car not a 13k car . Frustrating....
KIJIJIDIOTS! Been there!

Trying to sell something has the same clowns replying....

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing you went I was going to go look at that Iroc if you want a 69 Camaro I have one you wont be disappointed I guarantee it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yes its bad. I went to look at a boat in vancouver so i drove 14 hours, the guy assured me everything worked the boat was flawless. to start the trailer lights didnt work, the trailer brakes didnt work, and pretty much anything else that could break was broken. If the boat was in edmonton i would have walked away but since i had 28 hours invested already and transport permits i made a deal i was "Ok" with. But i mean im driving 14 hours dont lie to me about the trailer brakes and lights for starters? "oh they worked last time i used it" bullchit! I really need to be less trusting of people. Automatically assume everyone sucks before looking at something LOL

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've stopped traveling to look a things at this point because of this exact thing and covid has only made people more delusional. I've decided I don't need anything more than an hour away bad enough this year and will wait till I can low ball every dummy that overpaid this year. Can't wait

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing you went I was going to go look at that Iroc if you want a 69 Camaro I have one you wont be disappointed I guarantee it
The car wasn’t a total turd . The interior was nice and underneath was pretty clean except for the smashed up pinch welds and a leaky rear main/ transmission input shaft leak both were leaking pretty good. The guy tried to argue with me that it was original paint, I been around cars all my life and know what I am looking at. When I tried to show him he wasn’t having any of it lol . Runs , dirt , tape marks, over spray it’s not hard to know. The a pillers were spray painted with a can ( yup). Exhaust was new but hacked up by who ever put it on , bald tires ect.. . Some poor guy is apparently coming from Saskatchewan to look at it to . 69 camaro is a beautiful car but I am looking for an iroc , I have a 78 trans am now but always wanted a iroc . The search continues.... 😉

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji is the worst for everything. I once drove two hours one way and then once there he tells me he had only listed it to gauge interest, he wasn't selling it that day. Exchanged some pleasantries for completely wasting my time and then I got a speeding ticket on the way home. I kid you not, lol.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove a few hours to look at a prestine condition swather as advertised get there it has a hole in the hood, hole top is faded and complete undercarrige was covered in oil also has 200 more engine hours then advertised

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will travel for a deal, just need too talk too the guy for a while on the phone, think I’m pretty good at judging with a decent amount of conversation, just drive 3 hrs for a boat and after looking for a month or so, the trip was worth every penny.With that being said you have be able too walk away , ya roll the dice, but that’s how you get a good deal, be first , be quick , and do what others are to lazy too do example….Travel

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove from Edmonton to vermilion to buy a rifle was in contact with the seller all week had pics and all. Get to the place and the guy was totally lost as why i was there said he had sold the rifle weeks before so we sat down and tried to contact the seller and no answer

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Needed more intell on that one lol, can’t win em all .

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will travel for a deal, just need too talk too the guy for a while on the phone, think I’m pretty good at judging with a decent amount of conversation, just drive 3 hrs for a boat and after looking for a month or so, the trip was worth every penny.With that being said you have be able too walk away , ya roll the dice, but that’s how you get a good deal, be first , be quick , and do what others are to lazy too do example….Travel
Yeah I agree, there’s a nice iroc in b.c looks like it anyway lol. But god that’s a long drive 1400km . I don’t know if I want to go that far, well I don’t mind but the drive but to go there for nothing. Idk

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've been lucky, traveled many miles for the goods I've been after. First boat came out of Penticton - was as advertised and the price was right. Second boat was in Brooks - was better than advertised, I was ecstatic. Third boat was in Sexsmith and was as advertised - all were great and glad I made the trips. That said I spoke with every seller at length prior to going to look and asked tons of very detailed questions and requested additional pictures of specific items.
I also traveled to Kelowna to get my M3 - same process and was quite happy with it until last week.

Unfortunately there are azzholes out there who figure if your coming all that way it's a sure sale, I've also walked away from deals after driving long distances but that is why now I want all my questions answered with updated pictures before I'm willing to travel too far.

If I manage to sell the Formula 27 prior to the end of this season I'll likely be headed north of Winnipeg to get the next boat.

swiftsmth

Reaction score

So many dishonest people on earth.

Top Bottom