well taking the 08 xp to the baker center... treatment is about to start, hopfully i

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well after a few days of riding with baker and danaluck, watching their ski lift, trench depth, track speed and so on, their is only a few differentes left. now the track is the same, with darrels, but trenching is deeper on mine by a margin, ski lift is considerabley more on my as well with the other two glued to the snow

so driving home i decided to go with the rolled robbey case and see if that is the answer, in the past i have always been against this mod, since i never seen any extra track speed, but now am starting to think there is something to the attack angle and skid back a few inches... hope i dont regret this mod...lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im glad your trying it. because even if you hate it you will give an honest reveiw unlike some people who spend 5 grand and are to affraid to admit it sucks.

when do you expect it to be complete?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but trenching is deeper on mine by a margin, ski lift is considerabley more on my as well with the other two glued to the snow

How much ski lift are you seeing. I know i am running a stock skid that i tuned and see about 6-8" of lift most of the time. thats if i am using some throttle control and not being and idiot. If i am not watching it, yea it quickly becomes extreme and almost over backwards. Find it really gets worse at slower speeds when climbing. Myself i like the ski lift, and the ability you pull it up even more to clear ruts, trees, rocks, etc., but more control would be nice for hairy situations.

it would be good to see a unbiased opinion on the case.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well after a few days of riding with baker and danaluck, watching their ski lift, trench depth, track speed and so on, their is only a few differentes left. now the track is the same, with darrels, but trenching is deeper on mine by a margin, ski lift is considerabley more on my as well with the other two glued to the snow

so driving home i decided to go with the rolled robbey case and see if that is the answer, in the past i have always been against this mod, since i never seen any extra track speed, but now am starting to think there is something to the attack angle and skid back a few inches... hope i dont regret this mod...lol
Fredw did we talk about this before??Seems to me there was some non beleivers??Ski-lift is ok for manuevering but not for all out climbing.My 1000 is fairly flat but with weight of front end it is hard to find compromise?

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It was good to meet you on Saturday Fred. So when are you going to take the 11 into the Baker Center? I think the drag races might have had a different outcome if your turbo was putting the power to the ground a little better. :beer:

Stay away from the Sambucca, I sure regretted that decision on Sunday morning! Terrible stuff, only should be drank by teenagers who want to burn their nose hair!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont care who you are.... thats funny right there. You are just poking the bear arent you?

Well if there was something to tell (or hide) I would like to hear about it, as I was not there. Daryl just told me he thought Fred was pretty impressed with his Etec??

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way it works now with out the robby case is great, the 880 is a blast to ride and runs hard, where i have been seeing the difference is if we do a steep climb, then look at the trenches after you can see i will be doing a deeper trench the last portion of the hill, maybe over a foot deeper, thus causing my front to be lifting and having to have less control, and needing more body english to handle the line i want... there is times i am having to stand on the seat and postion my self as far forward as i can to be able to see where i am going, where they are not having to do that

darrel runs the same track so i now feel its gotta be the extended case sitting farther back helping in this department, he also ussally throws the magneteic blocks in preventing any coupling helping hold her down, i wanted a set last year and he is very stingy on getting me some...lol

as for track speeds i seen between 55 and 60mph over the day with out nitrous, bottle bracket was broken and solenid would not work, so i just become a extra 9lbs weight to carry, i think darrel mentioned around 50mph he seen, darrels etec was very close to the same i would say to the 880, with the edge to the 880, now after i plan to compare again with darrel to see the difference again

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the Sambucca was sweet, i actually was so dam stiff the next am, it hurt more than the head, where you there for the flaming Sambuccas,,,lol

my overall plans are to swap the skids from 880 to turbo, then find a light skid for the 880, and if this rolled case works out, then do it with a 174 on the turbo

i found that i had my helix in wrong in the etec, causing me all sorts of issues and why the rpm was all over the place, might be a different storry next time... all was a blast

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
darrel runs the same track so i now feel its gotta be the extended case sitting farther back helping in this department, he also ussally throws the magneteic blocks in preventing any coupling helping hold her down, i wanted a set last year and he is very stingy on getting me some...lol/QUOTE]

Thats why he calls his business the Racers Edge Fred. Lol.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way it works now with out the robby case is great, the 880 is a blast to ride and runs hard, where i have been seeing the difference is if we do a steep climb, then look at the trenches after you can see i will be doing a deeper trench the last portion of the hill, maybe over a foot deeper, thus causing my front to be lifting and having to have less control, and needing more body english to handle the line i want... there is times i am having to stand on the seat and postion my self as far forward as i can to be able to see where i am going, where they are not having to do that

darrel runs the same track so i now feel its gotta be the extended case sitting farther back helping in this department, he also ussally throws the magneteic blocks in preventing any coupling helping hold her down, i wanted a set last year and he is very stingy on getting me some...lol

as for track speeds i seen between 55 and 60mph over the day with out nitrous, bottle bracket was broken and solenid would not work, so i just become a extra 9lbs weight to carry, i think darrel mentioned around 50mph he seen, darrels etec was very close to the same i would say to the 880, with the edge to the 880, now after i plan to compare again with darrel to see the difference again

Thanks for the honest feedback on the performance difference as I am interested in the porting/headwork option for my etec. If only it did not kill my warranty. I will have to run against daryl and see the difference myself. I know I was getting a couple more km's on Super Bowl than Dary before the engine work (shorter track) now it sounds like I will be no where close.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so daryl is running porting/head work on the etec? I'm curious to see how that works as i have an etec with 4000 km's on it and wanna do that to it especially living only 15 minutes from Lindermann I'm sure he could make something but I would really like to hear it from someone who has rode with one or ridden one with the head work

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so daryl is running porting/head work on the etec? I'm curious to see how that works as i have an etec with 4000 km's on it and wanna do that to it especially living only 15 minutes from Lindermann I'm sure he could make something but I would really like to hear it from someone who has rode with one or ridden one with the head work

Ralph at Split Second did all of Daryl's work. He's got it sailing thats for sure.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome split second built my 860 and I loved it so it must work good! I wanna go with split second again but such a long drive for me lol I'm gonna call up linderman tonite see if he is doing anything. my 1 buddy rides with daryl all the time and confirmed it to me that his etec rips!!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome split second built my 860 and I loved it so it must work good! I wanna go with split second again but such a long drive for me lol I'm gonna call up linderman tonite see if he is doing anything. my 1 buddy rides with daryl all the time and confirmed it to me that his etec rips!!!!!

stay tuned revolution is working on porting to work with the goodies you already have. id wait it out for that.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and maxwell strikes again thank you sir! missed you at MM5 I talked to T-Team on friday but I take it you werent there then? I hope they get it all figured out with that new intake cory speaks of it kinda makes me pee a little.

Top Bottom