Well, looks like the Libs are going to save us again... one step at a time

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any firearms guys on here?? Anyone been paying attention to this??

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&DocId=8177232

circumscribed firearm means(a) a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,
(b) a firearm — other than a prohibited firearm — that has a barrel equal to or less than 470 mm,
(c) a firearm — other than a prohibited firearm — that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner, or
(d) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise;
hunting firearm means a firearm — other than a prohibited firearm or a circumscribed firearm — that is prescribed to be a hunting firearm and that
(a) has a smoothbore barrel that is more than 470 mm long,
(b) has a striated barrel that is more than 470 mm long and that can discharge 22-calibre rimfire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner, or
(c) is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise;
inscription certificate means an inscription certificate issued under the Firearms Act;

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's by design. To put that same fear in people, so they abandon things, and just march happily along- without questioning anything.

Getting past the words, it's pretty easy to understand really, what their goal is.

Reaction score
I think it's by design. To put that same fear in people, so they abandon things, and just march happily along- without questioning anything.

Getting past the words, it's pretty easy to understand really, what their goal is.

I just never worry about "legal", and never have. I worry about right and wrong, and live accordingly. 9 times out of 10 they are the same thing anyway, so I only have a problem when I get caught for the 1 in 10..... *shrug* c'est la via

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to elevate the buying process on the restricted weapons IMO. There is no way they will not grandfather current restricted weapons is there? I mean that would be political suicide and they would have a revolt on their hands?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Imo, it seems this end of the stick isn't vocal enough.... Maybe on here, and other websites, but no protests happening, which is what really catches the eyes of our fair countries leaders....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised, and a little alarmed, that this isn't really in the news much. On one hand, I would have thought they would want to feed this to their lemings, and make them rally behind stricter gun control. But the fact it seems kinda hush hush, makes me think that maybe they want to push it through quitely.

At any rate, might be time to pick up a few more restricted, and 'lose them in the slough' like the rest.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This new circumsision plan the liberals have is another multi billion dollar boondoggle. I am renewing my membership to the NFA again for sure. Oh and maybe "losing" some stuff as well.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outrage over the optics of a cord of wood burnt, a shrug when a bill is being pushed through to make hundreds of thousands of Canadians paper criminals and to confiscate without compensation personal property.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to one of our few friends out there, Lorne Gunter, there is a newspaper article/editorial covering this issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------

GUNTER: Departing senator's bill looks to give restrictive gun registration | Ca

Is Senate Private Bill S-223 a parting shot by a retiring Liberal senator or a trial balloon being launched by the Trudeau government to see whether there is any taste for a new gun registry?

Hard to say. What is clear is that if S-223 ever became law, it would be even more restrictive than the 1995 long-gun registration bill, C-68.

Introduced earlier this month by Quebec Liberal Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette, the bill may die when Hervieux-Payette retires from the Senate at the end of this week. The former Pierre Trudeau cabinet minister turns 75 - the mandatory Senate retirement age - on Friday.

The bill also faces some significant procedural hurdles. For one, to get past first reading the bill requires both the Liberals and the Conservatives to speak to it. While the Liberals have scheduled their statements for as early as Tuesday, the Conservatives have no plans yet to address the bill. And since the Tories still hold the majority in the upper chamber, S-223 could languish on the order paper a long, long time.

So maybe this is just Hervieux-Payette's last kick at the can; one more chance to make a clattering commotion on her way out the door.

Hervieux-Payette, who was secretary of state for fitness and amateur sport back in the early '80s, has long been a fierce opponent of private gun ownership. She is also rabidly anti-American.

A decade ago when an American tourist wrote Canadian senators to tell them she and her family would not be coming to Canada out of protest for the seal hunt, Hervieux-Payette told the woman "the daily massacre of innocent people in Iraq, the execution of prisoners - mainly blacks - in American prisons, the massive sale of handguns to Americans, and the destabilization of the entire world by the American government's aggressive foreign policy," was far worse than the seal hunt.

But there is also some reason to think the bill is more than just the fading dream of a radically anti-gun senator.

For one thing, it's more than 70 pages long and appears to be the work of several, professional lawyers and legislation drafters. Tony Bernardo, executive director of the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, says S-223 looks as if "it took a number of Department of Justice lawyers a few months of work to create."

If Justice lawyers did help in the bill's creation, that would indication S-223 is a stalking horse - a false front the Trudeau government is hiding behind to gauge reaction and see whether they could get away with new gun controls.

The key provisions include the reclassification of all firearms, except "hunting firearms" as "circumscribed firearms."

Firearms in this new category - close to half of all firearms in the country - could not be stored in private homes. They would have to be kept locked up in government-approved vaults at authorized gun clubs or even police stations.

And they could only be removed from these facilities by licensed "transporters." No word yet whether individual owners could get license to transport their own guns.

And while guns would not have to be "registered," they would have to be "inscribed."

Explaining the difference, Hervieux-Payette said, "We simply thought that using the term 'inscription' would eliminate some anxiety. I think that using the term inscription does not evoke feelings of fear" that a new registry is on the way.

Let's hope when the good senator packs up her office this week, she packs up this dangerous bill along with her paperweight and letter opener

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time before Trudeau started this again. I thought it might have been sooner in light of the La Loche shootings being used as an excuse. I'm thinking that halfway through his term it's going to get pretty tough to buy a restricted weapon ��

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its scary how much crap wonder boy is trying to change in a short period of time. He is blasting along without even looking back. I saw a news piece the other night how he will legalize wacky tobaccy by Jan 1st/17 and the cops are pizzed. There is no plan or way of checking for people impaired on dope yet so how do you enforce this at a check stop? He just doesn't think things through. Its like he is trying to get as many Bills with his signature on them before he gets tossed in 3 years?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we hide our guns until the PC's get back in? How many peeps will comply? Its gonna be a chitshow.

Top Bottom