Well Done A-Holes!!

660 Grizzly

Reaction score
Went to Fernie on Saturday, and all I gotta say is THANKS! pulled into the staging lot, and it looked like a garbage dump! There was obviously a party there Friday night and was left in a horrible mess. The fire wood choice of the night was pallets...pallets that have about a thousand nails in them each, multiply that by say 10, and well that leaves a crap ton of nails in the lot. It is gonna take forever to clean them all up, but im sure not before a few flat tires are gotten. And all the broken bottles? Heaven forbid anybody wants to take their dog up there for a walk... Anyhow, sure hope you guys had a great party, and thank you so much for making us outdoor enthusiasts once again, look great in the eyes of those who think we have no regard!!!! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

660 Grizzly

Reaction score
Don't know how things work around Fernie, but around here "pallets" are usually a pretty good indication of a grad party. Not sure how many sledders carry pallets in their truck. :confused:

Not saying it was sledders specifically, just by association (because of the location) makes us look bad. Just sayin.....

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least now it is posted on a snowmobile site on the internet for all to see as well. That should help

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo,, did you clean it up? Or just leave it?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that parking lot hasa lot of users always see someone driving around out there. seems to be party central, close to town

660 Grizzly

Reaction score
Sooo,, did you clean it up? Or just leave it?

Well, seeing how my pack already had my own garbage in it, the answer to that is no. My bad... all I could do was pile the bottles and cans by the left over pile of pallets so that no more broken glass ended up all over, and I left my bag of garbage bags and scoop shovel for the smouldering pile of nails and such at home... Guess I will have to bring a supply for next time. Who woulda thought that would be a necessity? Weird....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's so close to town. We were out there 2 weekends ago and it looked like people are dumping their garbage (obvious dump material) right there. I'm not sure how much the local dump charges but some people just got to save $5.
There is a lot of traffic from all kinds of users in that area so I hope sledders would not be the first group to be blamed. Seems like a great spot for bonfire parties although you would think the one way in/out would be concerning for partiers and an easy target for the RCMP.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Fernie on Saturday, and all I gotta say is THANKS! pulled into the staging lot, and it looked like a garbage dump! :mad:
It's so close to town. We were out there 2 weekends ago and it looked like people are dumping their garbage (obvious dump material) right there. I'm not sure how much the local dump charges but some people just got to save $5.

HAHA, if you are talking about the Coal Creek road, the ironic part is that it is (or was) a garbage dump from my recollection. The pallets are surely teens, this is a standard small town BC occurrence, been to a few pallet/bush parties in my younger years. The grad class in Castlegar did the EXACT same thing at the Bombi sled staging area about 7-8? yrs ago, in highway maintenance's big gravel pit up top, left nails and broken glass everywhere, highway maintenance called the school and the grad class had to come back and clean it up. No one in their right mind would think this is sledders. Sucks that it happened still, but it happens.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never did this type of thing when I was young. :p
I made sure I cleaned up the mess in my drunkend stupor... oh wait, nope, honestly didn't even think about it at that age. We used to party out on 68th and Glenmore with monster bonfires. I have no idea who's land that was. I just knew that's where a lot of people went. No social media back then so you didn't hear from conscious citizens and when everyone you know thinks it's OK, that's what you tend to believe. I'm sure there may have been stories in the newspaper but I don't remember sitting down and reading that either back then. Flashing lights and a badge were the only social reminders.
Tunnel vision is a condition of youth.

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they do it right at stage area or across the bridge at the bottom of the little hill where the burned out truck used to live? The bottom of the little hill has always been a fire party spot.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a member of the fernie snowmobile club and at least the new cabin so far has been keep clean. I have had few things stolen from my truck from the staging area so for out of towners keep everthing locked up.

Top Bottom