Weird Track Lug pattern..... Only one section........ Why is this?????

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sw this on my sled (2013 163 X) while installing new scratchers on my sled....

Notice in the pic that all sections with 2 paddles (2.5 Track) the outer edge of the paddles reach the outer edge of the track... BUT !....

Seems there is only one section of paddles (cycled through the whole track and could only find one pair of paddles like this) that the paddles are set inward 1.5" to the center... Is this a defect in the molding or did Doo do this on purpose for something????

Seems odd to have all other double pair of paddles to reach the outer edge of the track, and only 1 set are oddly set inward..??

Any one know??? MAXWELL how bout you????

20130122_183144(1) (640x480).jpg :noidea::noidea:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just the way they are produced. thats where the mould joins. they are all like that. you can see the join line in the middle. they are inset to try and grab new snow since they are directly behind the main lug. camoplast produces these tracks so its not really a skidoo thing persay. but i have never looked to see if the 3" tracks are this way also.

im just guessing that it has to do with producing the different track lengths.

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just the way they are produced. thats where the mould joins. they are all like that. you can see the join line in the middle. they are inset to try and grab new snow since they are directly behind the main lug. camoplast produces these tracks so its not really a skidoo thing persay. but i have never looked to see if the 3" tracks are this way also.

Theres another "seam" 3 lug sections to the left too tho... And that set thats inward is the only set.... And the seam is between the sets of paddles.... Why would they not just space it out so its a "single-dual single-dual" pattern without doubling up dual paddles back to back??? And if they have to, why arent the paddles all the way to the edge??

Thanks MAX!!!!!!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres another "seam" 3 lug sections to the left too tho... And that set thats inward is the only set.... And the seam is between the sets of paddles.... Why would they not just space it out so its a "single-dual single-dual" pattern without doubling up dual paddles back to back??? And if they have to, why arent the paddles all the way to the edge??

Thanks MAX!!!!!!!!!

camoplast does chit i will NEVER understand. AKA the 14 wide paddled 16 wide 3" track. i wanted to walk down to head office and punch someone. but this track is not nearly as bad. it doesnt effect performance like some of there other genious ideas doo

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya That 3'' is retarded, I wish they atleast made it a choice of which one you want even though they would have to make a ton more tracks to have both styles. I also hate that their only phasing that new design in on 162's which are my fav length of track!!

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
camoplast does chit i will NEVER understand. AKA the 14 wide paddled 16 wide 3" track. i wanted to walk down to head office and punch someone. but this track is not nearly as bad. it doesnt effect performance like some of there other genious ideas doo
There other genius ideas like the Maverick track. What a piece of sh;t that was. And we all ran out to buy it. Lol.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Thanks MAX!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure the other seam is where it overlaps. They fold it over each other... I have seen one in here that blew apart and its not just ATTACHED in one spot they lay it over and seal it. PS:Stop wrecking stuff lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
163 divided by 2.86 equals 57 rows of lugs.. That is an uneven number of lugs and that means the #1 lug row meets #57.

If they had 3 different lug patterns they would have had it look uniform.

I guess they could have used 2 rows of the single middle lug but then it would be definitely worse.. LOL

154" track divided by 2.86 pitch will give you 54 lugs (53.8) and 155 track (polaris) also gives you 54 lugs (54.2)

146 has 51 lugs, so, I bet that they have the same odd lug number pattern match.

The windows determine where the lug is placed on the track.

The reason they went to a 2.86, rather than a 2.55, was to make the track lighter, and still carry lots of snow in an efficient way. I'm sure driver fit and gearing dynamics also have a play in this standard pitch...

Going to a 3" pitch track you will space the track even more and have an even lighter one than the 2.86, but the performance goes down., and also switching to a larger driver was too drastic.

That is why the 162 came in 3" and 2.55" pitch. It was close enough (within a 1/2 inch)

Maxwell, you should know track math.. LOL

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
163 divided by 2.86 equals 57 rows of lugs.. That is an uneven number of lugs and that means the #1 lug row meets #57.

If they had 3 different lug patterns they would have had it look uniform.

I guess they could have used 2 rows of the single middle lug but then it would be definitely worse.. LOL

154" track divided by 2.86 pitch will give you 54 lugs (53.8) and 155 track (polaris) also gives you 54 lugs (54.2)

146 has 51 lugs, so, I bet that they have the same odd lug number pattern match.

The windows determine where the lug is placed on the track.

The reason they went to a 2.86, rather than a 2.55, was to make the track lighter, and still carry lots of snow in an efficient way. I'm sure driver fit and gearing dynamics also have a play in this standard pitch...

Going to a 3" pitch track you will space the track even more and have an even lighter one than the 2.86, but the performance goes down., and also switching to a larger driver was too drastic.

That is why the 162 came in 3" and 2.55" pitch. It was close enough (within a 1/2 inch)

Maxwell, you should know track math.. LOL

I do...I just don't care to do it LOL.

Top Bottom