Weekend Pics from Renshaw and yes we found LOTS OF FRESH

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just managed to dump all the video and pics from this past weekend. Came into town Friday morning to RAIN. we headed up the mountain around 11am and rode in the rain to about the 14 km marker then she turned to snow. Saturday was a bluebird day and burnt a tank and a half and got back to the truck at around 5:30pm. The reports of the snow being tracked up around the cabin and the valley before the saddle are correct. But you could still find great fresh areas if you look for it. We left the main valley and never looked back. Headed to the back lakes and found hardly a track and just kept on going...............with no tracks at all.................I think the pics below speak for themselves. We had an AMAZING ride and will post a video of this ride ASAP.

Attachments

• Mcbride 1.jpg
    Mcbride 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 86
  • mcbride 2.jpg
    mcbride 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 82
  • mcbride 4.jpg
    mcbride 4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 85
  • mcbride  14.jpg
    mcbride 14.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 82
  • mcbride 8.jpg
    mcbride 8.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 78
  • mcbride 9.jpg
    mcbride 9.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010124.jpg
    P1010124.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 87

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think sledtillded should be a guide or something. I have had a ton of really blue sky days when riding with him. He finds the neatest places. Bring lots O' gas... no sitting allowed! Cheers to sledtillded

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you stay, any good tips on places to stay. thanks

We stayed at the North Country Lodge. newest place in town as i know, clean and good food. parking is a little cramped for large trailers unless you park on the street, but decks can back in no problem.

canadakevin

Reaction score
Sweet photo's - I am heading there tomorrow with my brother - It will both our first time in Mcbride - YAHOOOO!!!!

I am going to print these and show them to my brother in the truck tomorrow - should make for some great dreambuilding.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the pics!!!!! I was realy gettn tired of people giving snow reports from the cabin(I dont mean Rod or the guys giving daily reports from in town). If you are disapointed that you cant have fresh powder for three days straight and not have to go searching a bit you are crazy!!! Im not telln guys that dont know the area to go back further than they are comfortable but Im just sayin if posting a report saying poor conditions please also add thatyou didnt go far enough to lose sight of the cabin. Sorry to vent just frustrated cuz we cancelled this weekends trip because of bad snow reports. My fault, I should have known better!! Thanks again for the pics and see ya all out ther next weekend BRAAAAPPP

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt flabba, never cancel a trip because you think it's no good!! Because it's always better to be up in the hills even if the conditions aren't the greatest than to be sitting at home thinking what if!! Over the years i've come to realize you get your good days and bad, and some of those years i've had more bad than good. Thats just part of riding the hills.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you cant find unbeat snow in Renshaw at anytime you aint lookin hard enough,If I can see I can find.........always!
catmando!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our guest found some very nice snow in many spots this weekend and left with a smile on his face.

canadakevin

Reaction score
Yep - just got back from Ridding Saturday and I agree around the cabin there was not alot for fresh snow, but we went way back - I suspect about as far back as a guy could and we saw lots of areas that had nobody on along the way and we were the first tracks, I didn't get much for good pictures but I will check my brothers camera this week and see if he has any I can post any of his.

PS
Did anyone here if the guy that ran the hill just before dark by the cabin with the big crash is OK? I heard he split his helmet when he crashed his head into the sled and still got himself down, but did'nt here much after that except that he was going to the hospital?

PSS
If anyone saw a blue shovel (Not including the handle) I am not sure when or how far back I lost it but if you did bring it home - I would buy you a beer if you PM me and return it :d

canadakevin

Reaction score
IMGP2416.jpg

IMGP2412.jpg

I found these two on my camera - not the best photos but give you an idea of the snow in the back country - keep in mind any tracks you see are the ones we made. This was on Saturday Jan 23rd at Renshaw.

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, I do have to agree that Renshaw is SO massive you can almost always find good snow, you just have to keep going farther back........... but as earlier stated ensure you go with some one that knows the area if you venture that far back. We seem to keep finding new little areas each time we go some small and some Massive............ i had never been so far back as last weekend, and if you pick your spots right it would apppear you can just keep crossing Range after range after range. it deffinatley is my favorite spot to ride !

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man the shaw is endless it is a unbeatable riding area hand down, by far one of the best.

Top Bottom