Weather, Edmonton vrs Price George

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ive been brought up all my life in Edmonton. A fellow worker is from Price George. We got discussing weather as we were growing up. He said that winters are alot colder in Prince George that Edmonton ever had. I remember going to school freezing my but off and all the cold days. I delivered the Journal and the Sun and it was cold. This years winter brought back alot of those old memory's. The funniest thing is, I never wore a Toque. Rather I froze my ears cause it was cool. I remember going to play a neighborhood game of hockey at the local outdoor rink freezing my feet, hands and face, and going home after and feeling the pain, then going back the next day to do it all over again. :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Probably thankful now that you never wore a toque.... prolonged use of a toque can cause pre-mature hair loss....

Ive been brought up all my life in Edmonton. A fellow worker is from Price George. We got discussing weather as we were growing up. He said that winters are alot colder in Prince George that Edmonton ever had. I remember going to school freezing my but off and all the cold days. I delivered the Journal and the Sun and it was cold. This years winter brought back alot of those old memory's. The funniest thing is, I never wore a Toque. Rather I froze my ears cause it was cool. I remember going to play a neighborhood game of hockey at the local outdoor rink freezing my feet, hands and face, and going home after and feeling the pain, then going back the next day to do it all over again. :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
On the east coast we rarely saw temperatures below -20C.....

But I tell ya, I'll take -40C out here over -20C down there...Damp cold chills right to the bone....

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being from Prince George myself, i don't really remember anymore if the winter was colder there than here. i do remember walking in the freezing azz wind to school though, and we did have more "snow days" than they do here because of the wind/snow.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grew up in PG don't remember if it was colder but do remember there was a lot more snow but I wasn't aware of edmonton back then so they may of had a lot of snow back then as well. And ya how come we never got snow days back then WTH.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ron never wore a toque.....:eek:

He's got a temper he was trying to strike TG with a shovel in this pic and I'm pretty sure there is a pic out there of him taking a swing at 44-chicken as well.....

RK.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely only seems like its colder in PG, kinda like how people there dont die cause they have to, they die cause they want too.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up in PG and haven't spent enough time in Edmonton to compare that well. Seems like the temperatures are close but Edmonton gets more wind. Winters in PG aren't what they used to be, way less snow and hardly ever hits -40C anymore. It seems like we used to get at least 2 weeks of -40C every winter in January.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up in PG and I have lived in Edmonton. Personally, I prefer winters in PG. Seemed that we always had a tonne of snow and even though temps occassionally dropped into the -30's, we never dealt with the wind of Central Alberta. Here, we cry for snow and when it finally comes, we watch it blow away just as quickly. The wind makes it seem colder, and getting to the mountains takes too damn long.

I'm moving home..

lilyellafella

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having moved to the Edmonton area from Prince George only two years ago, I can honestly say that I believe the amount of snow and temperatures are pretty much the same.

But I will definately agree with Bnorth & Sledmamma, Edmonton seems colder because of the wind. It's always windy here - still can't get used to it.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the 50's to the almost the 70's it used to be cold as hell here in pg. Then from the 70's to almost 2000 came the snow. Now we have no real cold or snow. As far as the wind, well we really don't have much.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Born and raised in PG. Have to agere temps very comparable, just that damn wind is so cold! At least the time I have spent anywhere in Alberta.

Top Bottom