We have a winner! Miss Extreme - Emily Moreshead - Be Extreme - Rod Whelpton!!!

Extreme Velocity

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
It was very close. Tightest contest in five years! After our local bank president, Mark Hensley of Valley Bank in Kalispell, tabulated the totals from the judge scores and the on-line voting we have a winner....Emily Moreshead.

Amy Flowers was a very close second, winning the on-line vote, but couldn't make up the difference from the judge scores and Emily's second place on-line vote. Amy will get the new Sled Heads 4 and Mountains & Mud 4 DVDs.

Be Extreme Contest - due to lack of participation/entries we kept the contest to just the judge component. The winner this season is Rod Whelpton from McBride, BC.

Look for Emily and Rod in Sled Heads 5. They will be dressed in HMK clothing and boots, and Fly helmet, True Adventure gear back and gloves, a new sled wrap from Machine Inked, a subscription to Snow Tech Magazine, Scott goggles, t-shirts and hats from Team Hard, rail extensions from Ice Age, and quickclickers/slidekicks from Between the Lines Designs.

Keep posted for action pics from Emily this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

yippy82

Reaction score
There are some of us that don't understand the contest rules. Sounds like the on-line voting was pointless. Whats up?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some of us that don't understand the contest rules. Sounds like the on-line voting was pointless. Whats up?

There was two components to the judging I guess: online voting and judges scores for categories like "extremeness, technical ability, personality, etc". Kinda like Miss America without the bikini's.......heyyyyy, there's an idea......:D
Not sure Pistonbroke would like that idea......LOL!!!!

I don't know the ratios or how it is weighted on online votes vs judges scores/points for each section but basically it probably works like this:

If you get 1000 online votes and 15 judges points in three cateogories (5 points in each category) and I get 995 online votes but 21 judges points - I win. Again, the judges points must have had some weight to them as Amy was almost 500 online votes above Emilie.

Final Poll Results

Contestants Votes
Abby Braithwaite 1267
Melissa Leissring 1053
Nicole Sullivan 662
Emilie Moreshead 2541
Amy Flowers 3035

Congrats to all involved for being extreme chicks! Congrats amyjane!!!!! Fan Favorite!!!!!!!!!:d:beer::beer:

Big twin

Reaction score
Another one of them deals Eh, where the people never have the final say... Think Amy should of had it...JMO
:beer: Amy, your #1 IMO.

Top Bottom