This marks the first time a
membership association has
committed to this level of
financial support.

[/h]

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and this comes for all the riders that go on the groomed trails in the Buck-A-Head Program participating clubs are in alphabetical order Blue River Powder Packers, Coquihalla Summit Snowmobile Club, Crowfoot Mountain Snowmobile Club, Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club, Hunters Range Snowmobile Association, Merritt Snowmobile Club and Valemount Area Recreational Development Association. Other clubs donating are the West Kootenay Sno-Goers, the Interlakes Snowmobile Club and the Kamloops Snowmobile Association.....See It pays to pay for the trail heads...

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and this comes for all the riders that go on the groomed trails in the Buck-A-Head Program participating clubs are in alphabetical order Blue River Powder Packers, Coquihalla Summit Snowmobile Club, Crowfoot Mountain Snowmobile Club, Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club, Hunters Range Snowmobile Association, Merritt Snowmobile Club and Valemount Area Recreational Development Association. Other clubs donating are the West Kootenay Sno-Goers, the Interlakes Snowmobile Club and the Kamloops Snowmobile Association.....See It pays to pay for the trail heads...
you lost me lex...... if i buy a owls membership. i only pay a buck everywhere else???

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the other areas? McBride??? They should be helping. jmho

This was all set up bt ABCSC....Ultimately up to each individual club themselves if they want to participate. Our club membership voted on this, as well as 20 bucks from each yearly club membership is given to the CAC and the member is automatically a member in kind with the CAC. Once again a simple and easy way to contribute and all members get all the CAC mailings WIN WIN

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now you pay 25$ for a trail pass and none goes to cac? I'm confused

I cant speak for other clubs but financial decisions can be tricky.....for instance.....Mcbride grooms 3 mtns? and may need all the money they can to keep grooming and maintaining these riding areas. Valemont has a big program too but there ridership is so high that they may not feel the loss of a dollar/trail pass as much as an area with lower rider numbers....but like I say cant speak for them.......

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think on all levels the ABCSC is doing an amazing job. I am the president of the club here in Creston (Kokanee Country Snowmobile Club), and have had a couple of great chats with Al. I think this organization is run with the utmost honesty, integrity, and commitment to keeping our riding areas open.

Keep up the great work!

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
So now you pay 25$ for a trail pass and none goes to cac? I'm confused

Sean.....depends on which association they are "aligned" with. In BC we have 2 Provincial snowmobile associations. ABC and BCSF. ABC origninated the "buck a head" program which is awesome. BCSF......they have just finally hit the "black". They support CAC inititiatives in another manner with their own safety program. I just wish we had provincial body to toss support at. Cause Govt must also think it "weird" we have 2 associations. Probably not......BC is full of confusing politics.
For sure big kudos to Al and Crew for the amazing work towards the "buck a head" program.

Cheers
RS

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sean.....depends on which association they are "aligned" with. In BC we have 2 Provincial snowmobile associations. ABC and BCSF. ABC origninated the "buck a head" program which is awesome. BCSF......they have just finally hit the "black". They support CAC inititiatives in another manner with their own safety program. I just wish we had provincial body to toss support at. Cause Govt must also think it "weird" we have 2 associations. Probably not......BC is full of confusing politics.
For sure big kudos to Al and Crew for the amazing work towards the "buck a head" program.

Cheers
RS

I couldnt agree more Randy. We would be much more effective as a united front. There are quite a few people that would like to unite the two groups, but unfortunately politics and other conflicts are preventing that from happening.

Rather than hashing out the past and trying to figure out who done what..........I think people, and clubs should really take a long hard look at each organization when deciding which one to use. Taking into consideration the relationships that each club has with key government decision makers, Insurance programs and related costs/benefits, and the overall organizations mission statement and policies.

Top Bottom