Water in the fuel tank

MMOROLEON

Reaction score
I have a 2007 can am renegade and i put snorkels so i can go tru the wather but now i have wather in the fuel tank and i lost power any body have this problems before........ I have hmf optimezer hfm exaust and k&n air filter.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I have a 2007 can am renegade and i put snorkels so i can go tru the wather but now i have wather in the fuel tank and i lost power any body have this problems before........ I have hmf optimezer hfm exaust and k&n air filter.

Water coming in through tank vent line ?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Your quad is equipped with a efi system so there should be no way of getting water in the fuel tank unless the gas cap was loose or your check valve in the vent line is plugged. I drowned my 08 can-am outlander real bad and had no fuel issues. Are you still using the stock air filter? If so after getting the stock cotton filter wet they never seem to be the same and can cause some restriction. If your sure you have water in your fuel tank, drain the tank and put some fresh high test gas back in it with a 1/4 bottle of gas line anti-freeze this should take care of any water issues. Good luck

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have mine snorkled and drive it in water all the time and never had that issue yet. Ive had it over the seat many times. Inspect your gas cap to see if its not sealing there may be a burr or some type of imperfection. There must be a vent it it or somewhere anyway to let the tank breathe as you are drawing fuel from the tank and something must take its place or the tank would implode. I have not ran into that issue yet so I could not really answer that.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heres a picture of mine in deep water, at times it was over the seat.

Attachments

• waterrenegade.jpg
    waterrenegade.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 70

MMOROLEON

Reaction score
THIS IS THE VIDEO WHEN THA HAPEN [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TozXwrufCjI[/media]

Top Bottom