Watch for Deer!!!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
This this is the story from the email this was attached to:

"The biker in the Red shirt is Mark Joseph, who runs the 'Gipson Tire Store'
in Millbrook. His buddy was in a pickup behind him filming the whole thing.

This repeats 3 or 4 times, with each showing going a little bit slower,
so you can really see what happened. This footage was taken on the Needles Hwy. near Sturgis. This all happened in less than two seconds."

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I heard if you are going hit one the key is to stay off the brakes....but yeah right reflexes take over

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAjJ-g0UDw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaSEOaJ5phY[/YOUTUBE]

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
This this is the story from the email this was attached to:

"The biker in the Red shirt is Mark Joseph, who runs the 'Gipson Tire Store'
in Millbrook. His buddy was in a pickup behind him filming the whole thing.

This repeats 3 or 4 times, with each showing going a little bit slower,
so you can really see what happened. This footage was taken on the Needles Hwy. near Sturgis. This all happened in less than two seconds."

I had the exact same thing happen to me this May long wekend down by the Mcleod river. We were riding the quads back to towards the green bridge on the road and a doe ran right in front of me. I did not even have time to hit the brakes she was that close and gone before I realized what had happened.
If I had been going just one km faster at any time she would have nailed me, or hopefully would have jumped me and the quad.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen the aftermath of a deer strike at 140+ MPH. The deer literally exploded. Looked like it had been hit buy a Semi truck. Blood Guts and chit scattered all over the hiway. I personally know the kid that was riding the bike when he hit it. Bike was damaged, bust cowl Rad and bent handle bars. The ride come out of it with some minor scratches. He had on full racing leathers. Oh BTW he rode it out and never laid the bike down.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen the aftermath of a deer strike at 140+ MPH. The deer literally exploded. Looked like it had been hit buy a Sime truck. Blood Guts and chit scattered all over the hiway. I personally know the kid that was riding the bike when he hit it. Bike was damaged, bust cowl Rad and bent handle bars. The ride come out of it with some minor scratches. He had on full racing leathers. Oh BTW he rode it out and never laid the bike down.

My cousin's boyfriend hit a moose on a bike, (he was riding the bike, not the moose)... didn't fair as well. It killed the moose, but snapped his back like a twig, put him in a wheelchair for life.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy just came home from ride in the states clipped a deer and took the fairing off the one side it was 30 years of riding that saved his life kept the bike on the road only problem is his bike is a collector and finding parts might be a problem

Top Bottom