warrenty as if

rolaj4me

Reaction score
i am having problems getting my 650 brute fixed under warrenty,it is an 07 with 3 yr gtpp warenty still on it. it would not start so it went to the dealer it was bought from they are coming up with all kinds of excuses why it is not covered but none of which are acuate. the bill is figured out to be $3000.00 as if i am paying 3 grand. anyways what ever just needed to vent on the issue. have a great day/evening.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holey fak!!! thats a kick in the family jewels, did they do thework or are they telling you what it needs, sounds like you need a second opinion from another polaris dealer any close to you.....

T

rolaj4me

Reaction score
motor is in 5 boxes just a frame sitting there, and its at rocky mountain house kawasaki. red deer might be seeing it but first i am trying to get ahold of the kawasaki area rep to see what he has to say about this run around.

evan3000

Reaction score
What are they saying is wrong, and why are they saying they're not covering it?
I have had good luck with those boys but nowadays who knows?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That bites!

3 grand has to be top ends and lower bearings if it's in five boxes. I'm guessing they are saying it was dusted or swamped, both of which leave tell tales signes that any good mechanic can read. I'd suggest taking the parts to any other dealer any let their mechanic look at the parts and tell you what they find without giving them any background info.

Any chance they kept an oil sample?

You'll want to get your poop in a group before talking to the area rep.

rolaj4me

Reaction score
talked to kawasaki head office in toronto they are willing to cover 14 hrs and all parts.(pistons,rings,ect.....) and the dealer wants me to pay 7hrs labour. getting better.but still have not got a legit reason what happened. as long as is it ready for the robb rally june 13 things will be all good. lol.

muskegmaddness

Reaction score
i hear ya 07 can am 800 could not get any warrenty nothing really got my blood boiling now with a new motor and a lighter pocket still like my ride but do not care for my stealer opps i meant dealer good luck

catsa$$

Reaction score
If the signs are there... they will know

they were pretty good with me out there, I phone them for parts and have them bused before I deal in RD.

I have the extended as well, but swamped it last summer
it is burnin a little oil now, ok maybe too much
won't even try to claim anything... just rebuilder this winter

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealer in Rocky Mtn House ( Gateway Sales & Service ), is one of the best dealers i have EVER found anywhere. I bought my '08 750 Brute there and had all the servicing and any warranty done there, they have been the BEST .
You failed to give us much info, " it would not start" what happened to it before not starting??? Did you drown it or bury it in the swamp etc. If anything like that happened to it, yes they can tell after getting it apart and no there is not warranty.
Go ahead and try the dealer in Red Deer, just try phoning them (they will never answer a phone call) do you really want to deal with a place that will not answer the phone??

Good luck.

rolaj4me

Reaction score
put on 60 kms on 1 day easy ride in the snow, 4.5hrs long, loaded the machine got home to olds from out west about 45 mins later and would not start, i was TOLD by the dealer it was drowned (NOT) i would be the first to admit that. anyways went from a drowning issue to dirt through my k&n but air cleaner nor braether tubes indicated any dirt or even oil residue. dont worry i did my home work and i definately take good care of my machine as i do not have the money to replace it or rebuild the engine after every ride. say what u want about gateway but they lost this customer. anyways thanks for all the responses and enjoy your ride while u can. TAKE CARE.

Top Bottom