warranty work?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the initial set-up and checks are done properly I think it's just luck of the draw. The GREAT dealers are the ones that are there for the guys that get the sleds that seem to have ongonig issues. Any dealer can sell a sled; places like T&T and Don's actually care about the customer that bought the sled after the sale is done.:beer:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The GREAT dealers are the ones that are there for the guys that get the sleds that seem to have ongonig issues. Any dealer can sell a sled; places like T&T and Don's actually care about the customer that bought the sled after the sale is done.:beer:

"As long as the initial set-up and checks are done properly I think it's just luck of the draw."

This is a huge problem with the local dealer, which makes it a problem for their clients. I'm not the only one that's had to deal with these factors :( I think a dealer should call you once in awhile to make sure you are satisfied, I know the dealer has my name and number! I got a buy one get one free for a quart of oil from CAT big hairy deal! Service is where it's at, Knowledge of the machines the dealer is selling would be another asset for the dealer. Proper setup (PDI) would have been greatly appreciated, and would save a dealer the hassles down the road. Local dealer has lost my business for service. Parts seem to be in stock when I need em! Dealers should not hire bicycle mechanics to PDI sleds, Our two sleds were a joke, everything loose from the get go,:
-Steering was out of alignment
-Clutches were not shimmed correctly, one belt to tight, other belt too loose!
- My sled's secondary bolt was not torqued to spec, causing secondary to fall off shaft causing damage to the sled, belt, and shaft bolt threads
-Handle bars loose on both sleds
-Cables not locked into the clamps
-Air pressure in shocks non existent

We bought them from the dealer, loaded them up, and rode Silent with these sleds in this shape not knowing that we were at risk of injury, and causing unnecessary wear and tear because of improper setup! If you are a dealer who operates your business like a $hit show, and wonder why your loosing business from clients, it's time to clean up your act or get out of the business. All other dealers who provide what their supposed too, or even go beyond the service, KUDOS to you!

rockydaug

Reaction score
As long as the initial set-up and checks are done properly I think it's just luck of the draw. The GREAT dealers are the ones that are there for the guys that get the sleds that seem to have ongonig issues. Any dealer can sell a sled; places like T&T and Don's actually care about the customer that bought the sled after the sale is done.:beer:

:beer:cheers to that:beer:

smp747

Reaction score
2010 m8 with 1200kms. primary spring, muffler packing, motor mounts, telescopic handlebars, and an a-arm. it a decent list but for how hard i ride im quite satisfied.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2010 m8 with 1200kms. primary spring, muffler packing, motor mounts, telescopic handlebars, and an a-arm. it a decent list but for how hard i ride im quite satisfied.

They covered your bars, post, and a arms??? Holy

My 2010 bulkhead has a crack as well. I hope they replace it!

oly

Reaction score
how can you tell the motor mounts are busted? where abouts do ya look? Throw a couple pics up if ya got em :beer:

I noticed the crack when I had most of it all out while installing the turbo kit at mountain magic. They had to stand the sled up and was hard as crap to get it done. I will ask for the pics they took of it and post em.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya post some pics of the bulkhead cracks if ya guys got em, so the rest of us know what to look for. Thx. Also how can ya tell if the motor mounts are broke? I know stupid but i dont even know where to look.

Top Bottom