warranty work?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kinda warranty you guys have to deal with on ur M's? heres my fairly extensive list i think:

pull starter cord
primary spring replacement x2!
diamond drive bearing kaput
and just recently a couple rollers cracked

all this with only 550 miles, absolutely love this sled when runnin 100% but this crap is gettin a lil much. And still having clutch problems, blown 3 belts with that many miles....anybody else havin issues like me?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kinda warranty you guys have to deal with on ur M's? heres my fairly extensive list i think:

pull starter cord
primary spring replacement x2!
diamond drive bearing kaput
and just recently a couple rollers cracked

all this with only 550 miles, absolutely love this sled when runnin 100% but this crap is gettin a lil much. And still having clutch problems, blown 3 belts with that many miles....anybody else havin issues like me?

Who PDI'd your sled, I'd start there, MY PDI was fubard from the get go, had to spend a week and went through my entire sled to repair. While I was at it, I snuck in some upgrades. Good luck with getting those items covered, Local dealer here just laughed at me for warranty work. Warranty work whats that? Service whats that! Buy the clutch alignment tool, extra shims of various sizes and do your own alignment this will save your belts as long as you season them properly after your first ride they should last longer! I had 200 miles on and was riding silent pass when my secondary fell off the shaft, there is a reason the manual says 32 ft lbs torque for the secondary bolt. Let us know how you make out with your warranty work and the dealer who honors it eh :beer::beer:

greenlightning86

Reaction score
Lets see if I could remember all of them. 08 m8

Brake Pads
Brake Rotor
Gauge Cluster
Hood
Exhaust Pipe

All in the first year about 700 miles. And Original dealer failed to get any parts after a 6 month wait so I took it to a different dealer to get it all done.

oly

Reaction score
I was having belt issues as well, couldn't figure it out untill I took it into mountain magic to check alignment... alignment was good so they checked out further and the problem was broken motor mount and appently cats are prone to alot of cracking. I also found a crack in my frame on the exaust side that I had to grind out and weld back up. Might not be your issue but just incase.. I was going through belts every 2 days!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 M8 - None, zip, zero.:d Mine was a demo with 900 miles on it when I bought it too. Still carrying the original belt as a spare. :cool:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who PDI'd your sled, I'd start there, MY PDI was fubard from the get go, had to spend a week and went through my entire sled to repair. While I was at it, I snuck in some upgrades. Good luck with getting those items covered, Local dealer here just laughed at me for warranty work. Warranty work whats that? Service whats that! Buy the clutch alignment tool, extra shims of various sizes and do your own alignment this will save your belts as long as you season them properly after your first ride they should last longer! I had 200 miles on and was riding silent pass when my secondary fell off the shaft, there is a reason the manual says 32 ft lbs torque for the secondary bolt. Let us know how you make out with your warranty work and the dealer who honors it eh :beer::beer:

dealers been good at gettin everythin fixed and fairly quick, its just annoying having to deal with so many things is all

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 M8 - None, zip, zero.:d Mine was a demo with 900 miles on it when I bought it too. Still carrying the original belt as a spare. :cool:

well arent we all special and shyt, just playin,,,wish i could say the same

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'08 M8:

Been an awesome sled, bought it with the 4 year warranty so I still got another year on it. The only problem so far is that we found a crack in the bulkhead on the exhaust side this fall. The dealer wants pics and will let us know what Arctic Cat wants to do.....I guess this problem is not uncommon on M-series sleds, you might want to check all of yours too before riding this season. Check both sides and near the steering post.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealers been good at gettin everythin fixed and fairly quick, its just annoying having to deal with so many things is all

Well you are lucky to have a dealer that knows how, and repairs correctly then! Our dealer seriously needs a revamp for me to ever take back a product purchased from them, let alone anything for service. Parts are always on hand which is a plus :) My warranty is up anyhow so I will continue to do my own repairs :)

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'08 M8:

Been an awesome sled, bought it with the 4 year warranty so I still got another year on it. The only problem so far is that we found a crack in the bulkhead on the exhaust side this fall. The dealer wants pics and will let us know what Arctic Cat wants to do.....I guess this problem is not uncommon on M-series sleds, you might want to check all of yours too before riding this season. Check both sides and near the steering post.

Post some pics.....so we know what to look for.......thanks

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 m8 and no problems to date. Started carrying a spare primary spring as my bro cracked the one on his 2010m8 last season. think the belt deflection is off on most of last years sleds outta the box.. i adjusted mine before i blew belts/did any damages.

we got a phenomenal dealer(3hrs away but worth it). takes care of everything and as quickly as they can. Lac La Biche Sporting Goods has been an amazing dealer to my family. We've been dealing there for 12-15years now, and its hard to fathom the idea of ever leaving, just because of there dealer support. One of a kind!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having belt issues as well, couldn't figure it out untill I took it into mountain magic to check alignment... alignment was good so they checked out further and the problem was broken motor mount and appently cats are prone to alot of cracking. I also found a crack in my frame on the exaust side that I had to grind out and weld back up. Might not be your issue but just incase.. I was going through belts every 2 days!

how can you tell the motor mounts are busted? where abouts do ya look? Throw a couple pics up if ya got em :beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Good Thread All..Keep them coming,,I bought an 09 M8 with 466 miles,,,so i am hoping it is good....

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well arent we all special and shyt, just playin,,,wish i could say the same

Sometimes you're the seagull, sometimes you're the statue. I was the statue with a '94 Polaris 800 Storm. I was lucky if I could get through a weekend of 660' snow drags without doing a top end on that POS.:eek: But when it ran it ran STRONG. I've had sleds on both ends of the spectrum over the years. :cool:

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC01504 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    DSC01504 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC01506 (Medium).jpg
    DSC01506 (Medium).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 186

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 M8 sno pro, no issues at all in 1400 miles, still have 1st belt as a spare. Bought at Don's as well.

Top Bottom