Warning Labels

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on easier ways to remove the warning stickers on side panels? Was thinking of heat gun but worried that might just bake the things on worse. I figured goo gone should work good for getting the residue after but hoping there's a way to speed up removing the actual sticker. Or do I just need to sit down with a scraper and a case of beer?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I just removed all the decals and all the foam from my new sled. A heat gun to get them started and then easy does it. I did notice that the warning labels are thinner and it takes a little more care not to rip them. I didn't bother with the excess stickiness on the inside of the side panels but to remove the excess glue, I used lighter fluid and a nice clean rag. Worked like a charm!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Heat gun, followed by wd-40 and rub the glue off with a rag, I just sprayed wd-40 and rubbed it in with my finger and the glue just balls up and comes off.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey Hey Hey....... You can't take them off, it's like a mattress......

Just put a sheet over them...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414894519.193177.jpg

Here is a warning

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
X4...... with the heat gun, and patience

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kettle of hot water and a sponge …. hold the sponge on the sticker get it good n warm then peel … leaves very little glue … and what is left goo gone

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blow dryer. Not to hot. But just hot enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I brought the side panels inside and heated the stickers a bit, came off not too bad. Just need to get rid of the left over glue now. I'll see what I've got kicking around the garage tomorrow to remove that last bit. Funny thing is I never even thought about taking them off until a buddy mentioned it the other day, they've been bugging me ever since lol

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Yup... I remove every sticker, label, you name it, with a Hair Dryer and it works great!!! to get that last little bit of glue off, I like to use a degreaser, something like WD-40 or3M Cleaner works pretty good

dodgeram18

Reaction score
x3 on the heat gun, i found there was a happy medium of heat that left no glue but i was in a rush and had to rub glue off. i used both iso-alcohol then i found gas line anti-freeze worked just a bit better. it took lots of elbow grease and a few clean rags i pulled all my decals off my sled, the big summit x side panels and tunnel stickers, and the very attractive warning labels.

Top Bottom