WANTED : Polaris Free Air 500 triple Engine

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a complete engine from a 74-75 Polaris TX 500 limited triple. Preferably to come with , carbs, ignition, pipes and motor plate. Does not need to be running just not stuck. Sled looks like the one pictured below.

Thanks

Attachments

• P1020109.jpg
    P1020109.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 107

WopOnTour

Reaction score
You might have a hard time finding one local. Most of the boys in this neck of the woods passed on the 500 and went for the 440 or 650 becuase there was no NWSA class for the 500 and it was relegated to run in the "Open" only against the 650s and 800s. Still a very worthy resto though. I would try putting an ad over on vintagesleds.

By the way, do you happen to know who #756 was? If so please let us know (or PM me if privacy needed).
We have started an NWSA bib/number registry on Facebook, and are in the planning stages of a vintage racer's reunion!
Any help with old numbers is appreciated!
WOT

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have actually dredged up a complete sled now and have a couple of engines on the hook just trying to see if i can make it all work. Do you know if these were a decent engine ? it should make decent power. It is sure sounding like this is a rare beast. From what i can find, this particular TX was aimed at the consumer sled market not the Racer so i figured there may be more kicking around.

I do know who that number belongs to as i bought the sled from the original owner who raced it in Wetaskiwin. Will PM u with info.

Top Bottom