want to save money

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sick and tired of the local shops charging way to much for work. I worked at a local shop (not going to mention a name) but $100 an hour to install vents. I was told that the guys from alberta will pay that(dont think so). well I'm a fabercator and the old fab shop that I worked at had a rate of $65 that included everything like grinding wheels and welding supplies. if you have a sled that needs vents or sliders changed or some mods or some sevicing drop a line back. I dont believe in raping anyone. and since I quit because my last boss was raping and over charging and charging for things that were not done. if you need something done let me know here. in todays world we need to pinch pennies and save our money.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of peolpe looking but not a single reply! you supply parts and I will do it for half or less. snow elimanators,vents,risers,handled bars, shocks, hi fax,you name it, I have lots of spare time between sledding now lol. just ring!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha hang in there. alota ppl like doin it themselfs. its half the fun. but pm me wit ur name and num and i'll pass it along. it'll be nice to have a guy like u when we ride up in that area.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open your own Shop and see how much it takes to pay the bills.

It's funny that the shops all seem to charge a flat shop rate no matter who does the work. We couldn't get away with charging journeyman rate for a first year apprentice electrician. Boss has a shop, tools, trucks, van to pay for too.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny that the shops all seem to charge a flat shop rate no matter who does the work. We couldn't get away with charging journeyman rate for a first year apprentice electrician. Boss has a shop, tools, trucks, van to pay for too.

Yeppers,
Love that flat shop rate stuff. Get a student in to work after school and weekends for work experiece but still pay the same rate, But Wait!!! even better deal, takes the student longer because he is learning on your sled so you get the pleasure of paying extra time!!
Good thing not all shops are the same

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please pm name and number we hit lots of trees in that area lol, may need some where to fix or get parts, thanks colin

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sick and tired of the local shops charging way to much for work. I worked at a local shop (not going to mention a name) but $100 an hour to install vents. I was told that the guys from alberta will pay that(dont think so). well I'm a fabercator and the old fab shop that I worked at had a rate of $65 that included everything like grinding wheels and welding supplies. if you have a sled that needs vents or sliders changed or some mods or some sevicing drop a line back. I dont believe in raping anyone. and since I quit because my last boss was raping and over charging and charging for things that were not done. if you need something done let me know here. in todays world we need to pinch pennies and save our money.

I agree 100$ is bull. I just but a ski doo from a guy who spent 700$ at the loacal ski doo dealership because it was floodong and hard to start when warm. they rebuilt his carbs problem still there so they charged him again to rebuik the carbs replace the tether and coil. still has the same problem. I asked them for more info on it and they said just bring it in and give us another hundred dollars we have a new mechanic that says he can fix it but he won't say how. there sure are some shady shops out there ripping people off.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm I may need some work done down the road. Hey do you know Chunk he used to live in Sicamous rides an M1

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned an oilfield truckin company for a few yrs and them shops are 85 an hr, it drives me insane to take my sled, bike, quad in for something I just can't figure out and justify paying a 100 an hr!! :confused:

....it costs me $350 for a full service oil change/grease etc on my heavy trucks, and took my new Harley in for it's first full service (warranty purposes) and cost me 500 and some change!!! (never again)!! :rant:

...lol sorry for the rant.....pm me wit your info pls

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok seem to be getting some people that want info. just to let everyone here know I dont have a shop but I can squeeze a sled into my dads garage to work on. as for parts if you bring them I can install them. I have done belly pans on the iq rmks. sliders not a problem, cutting vents and installing them, will install snow eliminators or most fab work. sorry no alum welding but have a mig for steel.

not going to be around march 27 for two weeks. sledding for two weeks. but if in a jam call

Garry 250-517-8146 my cell leave message

Top Bottom