Want to come along for a ride...Rocky--Nordegg area.???

chucker

Reaction score
Hadster, It looks like I missed a good ride. I was out of town. I have quadded a little in that area in the past. I have got some property in Misty valley so I would like to be on the next ride to learn more of the area. I will watch for your posts.

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to posting this. Thanks Hadster for the guided tour, and Thanks Catmando for the ride. It was a good day. I like the idea of a two day ride, hope i'm available then. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• lunch break.jpg
    lunch break.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 48
  • lunch (2).jpg
    lunch (2).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IM000577.jpg
    IM000577.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IM000575.jpg
    IM000575.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 51

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hadster, It looks like I missed a good ride. I was out of town. I have quadded a little in that area in the past. I have got some property in Misty valley so I would like to be on the next ride to learn more of the area. I will watch for your posts.

Was a good ride chucker but I don't think you would fit a SxS without a lot of chainsawing

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a good ride chucker but I don't think you would fit a SxS without a lot of chainsawing

You'd be surprised about the SXS fitting down the trails, every fall there is a group of us go on it Quads and SXS. Even the WIDE Polaris Ranger made it problem free last fall, however there may be a few that need to be cut back a bit.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
you can see the old rail line on mapsource if you have it.Other wise we started atN52-24.132' ,,W115-17.665' and ended atN 52-27.658,W115-45.798',if i am reading the gps right!!!Friday night thing.... burp

Roadhawg

Reaction score
June 6&7 sound good, is there someplace close to where you are starting rhat I can park my 5th wheel Friday night and leave it for the wknd.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
June 6&7 sound good, is there someplace close to where you are starting rhat I can park my 5th wheel Friday night and leave it for the wknd.

I can't really think of a good spot to leave the 5th wheel in the Horburg area for the weekend without anyone around. I think i would drop it off at Nordegg and stay in it for the night to avoid the $100 hotel cost, of course i geuss maybe it'll cost about the hundred bucks to haul it there and back for fuel.
I still need to find out if we can leave our pickup trucks overnight on the location that we did last time (only for the day), the oil company may not want any auto's parked there overnight. If they have a problem with it i'll find another parking area.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't really think of a good spot to leave the 5th wheel in the Horburg area for the weekend without anyone around. I think i would drop it off at Nordegg and stay in it for the night to avoid the $100 hotel cost, of course i geuss maybe it'll cost about the hundred bucks to haul it there and back for fuel.
I still need to find out if we can leave our pickup trucks overnight on the location that we did last time (only for the day), the oil company may not want any auto's parked there overnight. If they have a problem with it i'll find another parking area.

im good to go the weekend of the 13 th june, the wekend of the 6th i work., myself and a couple of guys from work were thinkin on doin that run, he's done the run before says its a nice ride..

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this still a go?

Yes this is still a go and it will be on June 6 & 7 becuase MOST people are available that weekend, it is next to impossible to pick dates that everyone could make it.
By the way we are in the wrong posting we should be in the one that says " the next ride rocky to Nordegg" this is the posting for the one we already did in April.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I am out as I have a tour on the 6th,,,,,, maybe I should bring them and you be the guide, hahaha!!! This trip has been booked since oct. talk about thinking ahead!

Too bad your'e busy, but yes if your clients are open for an overnight stay in Nordegg i know they will like the trip. All are welcome, but some experience IS needed for some spots. Bring them along and no need to pay for this tour except your own gas & hotel etc.

Top Bottom