Want to come along for a ride...Rocky--Nordegg area.???

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
See he's crazy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
catmando!
Opps third one is Bruce,he's comming too!

Attachments

• P9070028.jpg
    P9070028.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 43
  • P9070017.jpg
    P9070017.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P9060003.jpg
    P9060003.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 45
  • 200807120120.jpg
    200807120120.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 60

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of ride is this? Ie: extreme mud...gravel trail....somewhere in between?

I wouldn't mind coming to meet you fellas, but my partner is on a Predator 2wd....not sure I want to winch him all day....
Much of the trail is hard pack and easy going, but
in some areas there will be some mud, but most of it is still frozen underneath, so mostly just slippery, but that will happen on hills. Some areas still have a fair bit of snow, (hillsides and ravines etc., i have pushed through it with my machine last weekend so it should be firmed up but the hills will still be slippery espeacially after 10 or 15 machines. Because of that i'm not sure a 2wd would be wise (it'll be ok after it dries up though, except the skag holes).
Yes a fire/lunch break will be all good, but bring what you like, something to cook or ready made sandwiches etc.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You havnt rode with me before have you,If I come home with less than a 100 pics I would be surprised,I will be waiting for the best shots all day long!:)
Oh and yes I will be posting the good ones!
catmando!

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I will see you all in the am, dont have my internet in wheraline yet so i wont be able to check this thread tonight.

Later.:beer:

will have a 06 gmc crew with PPI stickers, brute in the box.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
so where are you guys riding???? Ground is still frozen in most areas,,,,,,, mud on south facing hills,,,,,,,,,, snow on north facing.

We are riding the old rail line west of Rocky .MeetingatPetro can in rocky at 0830 or 0900 if you want to join

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
so is th old rail simular to the way it is near nordegg???? wonka,, wonka,, wonka,, after a half km you want to be on a rough trail to get away from the ties that are there or not there but still like they are,,,, or did someone groome that part??? Just wondering?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is th old rail simular to the way it is near nordegg???? wonka,, wonka,, wonka,, after a half km you want to be on a rough trail to get away from the ties that are there or not there but still like they are,,,, or did someone groome that part??? Just wondering?

Some of it is a bit rough due to the old rail ties, but not alot of it, there is much more that is nice and smooth. There are spots that we need to detour off the original rail bed becuase of private property and huge ravines falling into the river etc., so of course those areas are more like a typical bush trail. Me and a friend have been out there alot clearing overhanging brush & deadfall for almost 2 yrs, so it's not too bad, still some very challanging spots.

sharkz

Reaction score
Have fun guys/gals, I wont be making this one but heading out to alderflats in morning a little closer to home. Maybe next one!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well it was a great ride,just got home alittle while ago .I think the ride in total was 113 kms!!!!She was long .No wrecks ,well allmost a couple.BUT THANKS TO HADSTER WE HAD THE BEST GUIDE AND WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY HIM.He showed us (10 members in total ) all the best spots ,awesome scenery and a very good ride.I think the next one will be from Nordegg and see where we end up. maybe in a couple months.Anyway thanks Hadley.Catmando should have some pics up later ..

dlj

Reaction score
A great ride thanks alot Hadster for your hard work in cleaning up the trail and the guided tour.
And a thanks to Catmando for getting us down there and back home again.
Hope to ride with you guys soon.

dlj

Reaction score
A great ride thanks Hadster for you hard work in clearing the and being the guide.
And thanks Catmando for hauling us down there and back home.
Hope to ride with you guys soon.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a first trip of the year it couldnt have got any better,A good turnout of a great group of guys,A big thanks to Hadster who is a great guide and a guy who very clearly passionate about the sport.We got to see some of the hotspots that have been talked about on the site,meet some new people and see a awsome new area to ride,Cant wait ti go back when the ground thaws out.Some pics for ya!
catmando!

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48
  • Lunch.jpg
    Lunch.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Group Shot.jpg
    Group Shot.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Staging.jpg
    Staging.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 47

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some More!
catmando!

Attachments

• Hadster.jpg
    Hadster.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Cabose.jpg
    Cabose.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Break.jpg
    Break.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Valley.jpg
    Valley.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 49

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Was a good day was nice to get out riding thanks to Hadster for leading us and the wealth of knowledge of the area and stories behind every part from the sawmill to the caboose, old school house, tailing piles tunnel. Thanks to Catmando for the lift and the biggest thanks to FyreRyder who saved by bacon by diving down an embankment to catch my front bumper when I was going over backwards on an icy hill......I honestly thought I saved it myself I sat there with the brakes held breathing deep then all of a sudden there is a guy crawling out from under my quad :eek: He just jumped grabbed the bumper and pulled back and the quad landed right on top of him. Hope we meet up again different time different place and all the beer is on me :d:beer:

Top Bottom