Want it chrome

mudlover

Reaction score
Website
www.quads.ca
Does anybody know where to send something i.e atv bumper, to get chromed? Or roughly how much?
I've heard of chrome paint but don't know much about it.
I'm in northern B.C.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supreme plating in edmonton has done work for me before and they did a great job..i seen other stuff there that was not just bumpers.:beer:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u can even powdercoat chromelike now

comes in defferent colours i belive 6 of them for chrom lookalike

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
i just copied that

should give u all the answers

Hows is going? Just saw your post and thought I would give you some product information. I am with TIGER Drylac USA Best in Powder Coatings - Tiger Drylac USA: startsite

We have three powder coating finishes that are in the chrome range. One thing that must be clear is that these are 2 coat processes and they are not an exact match for chrome. However, the advances made in metallic powder coatings by TIGER Drylac have provided some amazing results that are being used heavily by custom coaters world-wide in replacement of chrome plating. The following three powders are all Polyester TGIC Finishes.

TIGER Drylac MIRROR SILVER 49/91260
The first product has been around for quite some time. This product has been a standard as a stand alone reflective mirror silver in the industry for a very long time. It is widely used as a base coat for candy colors and transparents. However, it works wonderfully under our standard clear glossy TIGER Drylac clear coat 49/00530.

TIGER Drylac CHROME OGF 49/91312
This product, although a great product, is slightly more dull in appearance than the MIRROR SILVER. The true purpose for this coating is its ability to work with castings and welded areas to cut down on outgassing pin holes in the cure process. Its cure rate allows the powder to lay back down after blowing the volcanic gas eruption. This product also works well with the TIGER Drylac clear coat 49/00530.

TIGER Drylac Xtreme Chrome 49/90177
This powder is the mac-daddy workhorse of the TIGER Drylac chrome family. Let me tell you that this chrome is amazing. High sheen and excellent reflectibility. This product must also be clear coated. We have tested all of our clear coats and the best results as a top coat to Xtreme Chrome is the SUPERDURABLE CLEAR GLOSSY CLEAR COAT 38/00001.

IMPORTANT TIPS ON APPLYING CHROME POWDER FINISHES
We are all taught that in a two coat process, to only cure the base coat for approximately 1/2 to a 3/4 cure and then pull out of oven, let cool, and apply the topcoat. Once topcoat is applied, return to oven for a full cure cycle of the topcoat. This method of cure does not work so well with Chrome type finishes. The chrome finish will look more like a glossy grey than a chrome reflective surface.sad

CHROME POWDER CURE CYCLES require that the chrome powder reach nearly a full cure so that the majority of its reactions have taken place. At this point, you will be blown away by the reflectivity acheived, however, you must apply the clear coat. Application of the clear coat and the cure of the clear coat will dull the appearance somewhat and take away a bit of the reflectivity, however, if done properly, the results are amazing and the most chrome like a powder can get these days.big_smile

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask ok. I would be glad to help or point you to a TIGER representative in your area.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
i dont know anything about them
but any powder coater normaly could get u that powder which would be required

most of the shops order from the states anyway

i wrote somebody here a pm dont know if he can do it if so he prob gets back to u

Top Bottom