Want a taller paddle if possible

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
So I have a 2006 M7 with a VanAmburg full chassis . This sled was once a 153 I believe but is now a 162 x 2.5 camo powder claw it may even be 2” because it looks small as far as paddle height go .. has anyone tried to fit a 3” aftermarket on something this old .. the chassis is different altogether so I hope this is achievable somehow

knh208

Reaction score
Your money and effort are better spent on a newer chassis. The ride is so much better.

Start by checking clearance between any heat exchangers and the lugs. Then measure your track. Note that cat tracks are 3" overall height including the belt, not 3" lug. If there is room, go for it. If not, you're out of luck. There isn't really a way to make more clearance with a diamond drive.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 m7 with 2.5” track. That is largest lug you can put it in there without serious modifications. I have the templates for a drop and roll of the diamond drive from Van Amburg but decided not to go that route. The 2.5” paddle is plenty enough for the power of that sled.

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Ya I’m not too certain of the chassis and what it can handle and as stated the VanAmburg full chassis is what I have on it ... the power is not in question I don’t think as I have a D&D f9 ss with a monster single and boondocker controller I thought I might match the power to the track a little more .. I have not tried suspension setup to see if I can get it to quit trenching ... I’ve only had it in the mountains once and it was bottomless powder so my perception may be a bit biased by the conditions

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Painted it myself .. haha not done yet needs a clear coat but I was looking at the clearance and there is definitely room at the front exchanger where it’s closest.. the track measures 2-5/8” and is brand new basically ... there is about 1” or 1-1/4 “ of clearance left right at the front .. does anyone know how much is required to let snow through on the path forward where it spits out the front when in a wheelie ? Or is the track lug layout enough for that .. I’d hate for a rock or chunk of ice to damage the front if it got caught up .. maybe this isn’t an issue tho

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife had the same sled minus the vanamburg chassis. Was a wicked sled. Put a 2.5” camoplast track on it. You can’t go bigger was pretty tight as it was. But that sled would climb like crazy!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet ride dude, a friend of mine had a 144 F7 and that thing was a rocket. I thought it had a narrow track and was terrible in the mountains though.

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Yea I rode a polar aria 141 in the mountains when I had a breakdown with my Doo a couple years ago and it was terrible being a short track it felt like the back end was always low and riding on marbles

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Wife had the same sled minus the vanamburg chassis. Was a wicked sled. Put a 2.5” camoplast track on it. You can’t go bigger was pretty tight as it was. But that sled would climb like crazy!

I believe this is a camoplast powder claw 2.6” track that’s on this sled and the chassis is brand new I still have room to adjust longer if I needed but I don’t want longer really... I weigh 140 pounds soaking wet lol the floatation of the track isn’t in question here just I wanna get it moving forward better under throttle and not down if that makes any sense

knh208

Reaction score
Cutting the nubs off the 2.6 so it looks like the 3" is a popular mod.

Trenching is a suspension setup item as much as it more than it is track.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That track looks like a power claw that’s been reversed to hillclimb, not positive without a better look at the track. If it is in hillclimb you will have a hard time getting it to stop trenching.

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
That track looks like a power claw that’s been reversed to hillclimb, not positive without a better look at the track. If it is in hillclimb you will have a hard time getting it to stop trenching.

Like just put on backward you mean ?

knh208

Reaction score
No, that's not backwards. Fingers are forwards and paddles are leaning back. One of the best tracks money can buy, installed correctly.

Top Bottom