want a longer ...change??

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to change my 136 X 15 X 1.25 from my crossfire to a 144 X 15 X 2. Is this possible? What do I need? I have a track off a summit, will it work? I have heard rail extensions are garbage, what are my options? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks :d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know about others but i have rail ext. on mine 136 to a 151 with both wheels on the inside and billet big wheel kit and seems to work fine. dont do alot of mountain riding but ride lots arond here and have had no problems in about 1000 miles. Doesn't loook as good as actual full length rails but probably alot cheaper.. just my :twocents:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent rode the mountains yet. Maybe one day, but I mostly ride ditches and some trails. LOVE jumping drifts though. I dont know how rail extensions would handle jumping. These are some of my concerns.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on Arctic Chat that fabs up rail extensions and risers for the CF sleds. Many have used his stuff and really liked his extensions. He has a website:

Ole's Machine Arctic Cat

W

woodies

go extenstions and no worries,your rail will bend forward of them any ways. lots of guys running that setup and it is good.might need to clutch a bit,lighter weights or heavier springs.

Frank Swang

Reaction score
Go for the extensions and don't look back! i strechted my Doo from 121 to 144using the full rail extension that takes the slider right to the rear wheels. running them 2yrs now, no bends or twists and have surely landed on the tail end LOTS! you will need to change up your gears, tweak your clutches and adjust your suspension for weight transfer.
call Curtis at Tracks Canada
Phone: 403-701-5038
Email: tracksca@telus.net
he is awesome to deal with and he will ship you rails and tunnel extenions for your machine.

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went from a 136 to a 151 with extentions on mine and have landed on the rear end lots sometimes it scared me but haven't had any probems been on there 4 years of hard abuse

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did my kids 07 F-5 from a 128 to a 136 and I used rail extensions from Tracks Canada and they are by far the nicest extensions I hAve ever seen.You can,t even tell they are there.

Top Bottom