Wanna ride sand at Smith Ab

Black Rhino

Reaction score
A guy told me last week that there is excellent riding at Smith, in fact, he said (although he heard thru the grape vine) there is sand? Can anyone tell me where to stage, how to get to the trails. I'd like to try it.
thanks
Black Rhino

powderpusher

Reaction score
I cant remember the name of the camp ground but its on its way into smith,you can also take off right from town there are a few sand hills around there and lots of good riding,if you go for the weekend make sure you check out the wildcat saloon its a good little pub my sister owns usually good entertainment on weekends

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know more... is it just sand, or other riding terrain? Where abouts is it from Edmonton?

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the dover hotel to the smith hotel is 121 miles..dont ask how i know that..just sayin!:beer:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you get to the turn(to the right) the 9 mile road...turn into the approach on the west side of the highway where the old campsite used to be..lotsa room to camp and excellent trails all thru there all the way back to chisolm..even an old area where some people made an enchanted forest..with stuffed toys and clocks in the trees..really neat to see..excellent seinery even with a cool old train trellis..and ya you can ride to town on an excellent trail..go down accross the athabasca river and go into the old lumber mill...(my cuz used to work there a long time ago) and you can see where the original town of smith was..i cant wait to go back there!

Shortcut

Reaction score
If you get a chance, also check out the Old Peace Trail, kinda NE of Smith, good ride varying terrain, went from Chisholm-Smith-Staged over night near Calling Lake, then to Athabasca, Baptiste Lake, Long Island Lake. Great ride, approx 210K.

Black Rhino

Reaction score
Thanks for responding to my thread regarding riding at Smith! You must have a Rhino guessing from your user name! Anyway, I'm going to head up there in the next little while. So when I go North up HWY2 I head off to the east at Hondo on 2A to Smith, where is the best place to camp and stage? I am in Edmonton. The trails are pretty obvious I take it?
Cheers and Thanks

Top Bottom