wanna make my truck smoke!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
....... lot of tips... but ya no not blowing my motor the whole reason for this is i want the max amount of power out of my truck as i can!!! truck is getting twin 6" miter cut stacks and i got over sized tires.. i got that #6 fuel plate thinking 75hp injectors i got my turbo ring out but i want power..
So what do you want?????
Smoke????
Power????

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the title of your thread is kinda misleading us to what you ACTUALLY want. Im not gonna jump all over you about wanting the smoke because its a common misconception that smoke = power.

Look at Banks (although i dont support their products, they make mad power out of their diesels with the goal of minimal smoke, mind you they spent some serious coin and R/D getting there.

What kinda money are you looking to spend?
What kinda modifications are you willing to do?
How much power do you want?

Maybe try a water methanol kit to keep things cooler egt wise.. Smoke doesnt mean power by any means, just means your overfueling your turbo capacity.

If you want more power why not look at some compound / twin towing turbo set ups to keep up with the fueling and keep air flow going with hopefully lower egt's. along with a full 4" turbo back exhaust. along with a good set of guages.

Theres lots of knowlege on this site (and one god-like individual "M.....L") you just gotta ask the right questions. If you dont find the answers you desire theirs a few forums specialize in cummins motors that have great info.

Last edited:

farmer rob

Reaction score
i want power!!! whats so bad about a 1 ton havin stacks:) i want power and trying to do it with out ripping the engine to parts

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want power!!! whats so bad about a 1 ton havin stacks:) i want power and trying to do it with out ripping the engine to parts

Thing is you will have to take the engine apart you cant run big power without upgrding the internals.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your next mod should be to add more air to the engine. A turbo upgrade is the way to do it. More air will clean up your burn and make it run a lot harder. Basic rule, add more fuel you have to add more air. If you get bored with that setup then you can add more fuel and change to a larger turbo or add compound turbos. You can do a lot of mods to the a stock engine before you will have to start changing internals. If I were you I would do some more reading on what other guys have done to their 12 valvers. Then you will learn what you want to do to your engine on what ever budget you have to work with.

Good luck with your truck!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, because there is always something better. A decent turbo is a few thousand, over the last few years I have tried the following turbo combinations:
Single S364
Single SB66
Single GT4202R
HX35/40 over HT3B
GT3788r over S475
GT3782r over S475
GT3582R over GT4202
GT3788r over GTX4202R
S362 over S475
S362 over GT4202
Currently building an undecided secondary over an S480 race cover

Also currently building for a customer S364 over a GT5594 Billet ETR.

In that time I have tried 181, 191, 131, .22, .24, laser cuts, and sdx comp dv's. As well as various combinations of dv and holder. I can tell you which make the best power on a single, which are the cleanest, which do the best with nitrous, which do the best with twins.

I have been doing this since Piers and Kondolay, were both still working for Brian Roth, and NADP wasn't even a dream yet.

I am more then okay with pissing you off, if it gets one more person to realize that a smoky diesel does nothing, but hurt the diesel community. If you want a smoky truck please have it hooked to a sled in competition.

For all the doubters that say you can't have power without smoke. Rob's truck barley puffs at the line and then is clean all the way through the traps @ 140mph. All on fuel no spray. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dl1Y-42Bls&feature=player_profilepage[/media] Ellerton in the far lane, is still on a new setup, but still not a ton of smoke, he is however on the juice.

the more you type the more you look like a tool, you have tryed more turbos than BDP and Shied together for F-sakes?!!?
All i see from you is ignorance, plain and simple, and stacks on a pick-up are gay will always be gay and should be outlawed. Thats not towards you but just part of my rant.
If in fact you have this huge wealth of knowledge i would like to talk to you more and even perhaps eat my hat. Im not too proud to learn, but you just sound like an idiot!!

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wish i listened to dvst8r when i bought my second turbo his experience would have saved my a few grand.
and why is he dumb for trying different stuff you cant pass someone in the same lane. if you dont get what i mean by that is your not going to get ahead by fallowing the back of the group.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and stacks on a pick-up are gay will always be gay and should be outlawed. Thats not towards you but just part of my rant.

Some truck actually need to run a stack. I had to run a stack, with my lowering kit there wasn't enough room to go over the axle and there isn't enough room in front of the rear tires with my Caltrac's.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some truck actually need to run a stack. I had to run a stack, with my lowering kit there wasn't enough room to go over the axle and there isn't enough room in front of the rear tires with my Caltrac's.

If that truck is built for the strip then fine if not, then you sir, are a little light in the loafers!!

Top Bottom