Wakeboarding

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just gotten into wakeboarding and am loving it, it was an easy transition from snowboarding.
My Q is, I bought a board of Ebay it came withough fins (I didn't know they had them normaly) anyway, is it worth me getting fins for the board? I've been using it without and have no problems but wonder if I'm missing out.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have them on mine,i like it better its easy r to do 360 and other tricks, with the fins it is just a little more stable for learning balance and how the board reacts

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fins will help you track and carve much harder for bigger air, it is easier to ride switch and to butter around without the fins,
they are cheap I would sugest buying them and trying both ways,
my board has the fixed fin in middle and 2 removeable ones at the edges in chrome of course lol
p.s. have ya tried surfing? its is sweet I barely wakeboard any more unless the lake is glass. surfing in chop is no problem

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Wake boarding

Thanks guys, I'll pick up some fins if I come across them.
I've been doing it behind our jet ski so surfings out, its hard enough to get enough of a wake to get any air, the only way is to get my overweight sister in law to ride on the back of the jet ski and go slow enough to keep the back end low. :winkmsn:

Just kidding but really its true.........................

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Wake boarding

, the only way is to get my overweight sister in law to ride on the back of the jet ski and go slow enough to keep the back end low. :winkmsn:

Just kidding but really its true.........................[/QUOTE]

did you see my avatar?
who taking one for the team? I have played hard enough lmao
just kidding,
:cool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Any of you ever try wake surfing??? Surf board in the wake of the boat... Gotta fill the waterbags to get the biggest possible wake you can.... We pulled these kids for around 10 minutes at slow speeds across mabel lake..... Very cool to see.... Had several other boats coast along beside us just watching the kids wake surf.

Attachments

• WAKESURF1.jpg
    WAKESURF1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 201
  • WAKESURF2.jpg
    WAKESURF2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 200
  • WAKESURF3.jpg
    WAKESURF3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 200
  • WAKESURF4.jpg
    WAKESURF4.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 201

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, thats friggin cool.
I know you use a rope to get up but how do you get up on a board with no bindings to hold it to your feet? Do you start lying on the board?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
man, thats friggin cool.
I know you use a rope to get up but how do you get up on a board with no bindings to hold it to your feet? Do you start lying on the board?

they start lying back in water with heels holding the board sideways.... Board has a kind of grated soft rubber surface(kinda sticky) and when you "hit it", they just kinda roll up onto the board and quickly straighten the board and they're off.... Girls usually have a little trouble, because its all arm strength, but my daughter made it up 2nd try.... We played beachboys music all the pull.... Way cool!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They told me, the little kids like to start out kneeling on the board and then they have fun trying to stand up once on plane... You don't have to pull very fast, just need big wake! Think it was about 9.5kph, if i'm not mistaken

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we surf @ 9.5mp/h with approx 1500lbs ballast and as many riders as possible, we also shift people and weight to the side that you ride, its very fun and less painful you can also here the tunes and the people in the boat are much more comfy at that speed as well.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they start lying back in water with heels holding the board sideways.... Board has a kind of grated soft rubber surface(kinda sticky) and when you "hit it", they just kinda roll up onto the board and quickly straighten the board and they're off.... Girls usually have a little trouble, because its all arm strength, but my daughter made it up 2nd try.... We played beachboys music all the pull.... Way cool!

If you have a swim-platform out the back you can just have one hafe of the bourd on the platform and the other on the water. Hanging onto the rope transfer your weight to your foot over the water. Ease your self out with the rope. Get surfing then let go of rope, when done get somone to pass you the rope, pull your self back in and you never even get wet,way cool!

P.S I got wet alot trying to learn this!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you ever try wake surfing??? Surf board in the wake of the boat... Gotta fill the waterbags to get the biggest possible wake you can.... We pulled these kids for around 10 minutes at slow speeds across mabel lake..... Very cool to see.... Had several other boats coast along beside us just watching the kids wake surf.

Summitric, how long ago were you at Mable Lake? I just got back from a 2 week vacation there, we rented the White House at Mabel Lake Resort. We put on 29.5 hours on our Malibu in the 2 weeks we were there, i'll post pics when i get a chance but like i say just got back so i haven't had a chance to post yet!!! You may have seen us on the dock we had my black/ orange Malibu wakesetter VLX, a buddies yellow/ white Malibu wakesetter 23' XTI, and another blue/ black wakesetter direct drive. If you saw our boats you'll probably remember the young lady driving the Mastercraft X-15 (red/ silver)with fake boobies.......WOW..O..WOW. God bless implants, total MILF.:d:d:d:d

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
summitric, how long ago were you at mable lake? I just got back from a 2 week vacation there, we rented the white house at mabel lake resort. We put on 29.5 hours on our malibu in the 2 weeks we were there, i'll post pics when i get a chance but like i say just got back so i haven't had a chance to post yet!!! You may have seen us on the dock we had my black/ orange malibu wakesetter vlx, a buddies yellow/ white malibu wakesetter 23' xti, and another blue/ black wakesetter direct drive. If you saw our boats you'll probably remember the young lady driving the mastercraft x-15 (red/ silver)with fake boobies.......wow..o..wow. God bless implants, total milf.:d:d:d:d

ya, i remember the fake boobies, think i even have the pics!!!.... And i remember the black orange malibu... It was goin' in the water just after we put our buddies moomba in.... Was that your boat?? Which white house at the resort?? We have 2 lots just down the river at shuswap falls rv resort and 3 friends have lots right on the golf course.... I like it there!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Summitric, how long ago were you at Mable Lake? I just got back from a 2 week vacation there, we rented the White House at Mabel Lake Resort. We put on 29.5 hours on our Malibu in the 2 weeks we were there, i'll post pics when i get a chance but like i say just got back so i haven't had a chance to post yet!!! You may have seen us on the dock we had my black/ orange Malibu wakesetter VLX, a buddies yellow/ white Malibu wakesetter 23' XTI, and another blue/ black wakesetter direct drive. If you saw our boats you'll probably remember the young lady driving the Mastercraft X-15 (red/ silver)with fake boobies.......WOW..O..WOW. God bless implants, total MILF.:d:d:d:d

someones gonna say it, might as well be me :nopics:

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What...no pics of the Mastercraft????????????????

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, i remember the fake boobies, think i even have the pics!!!.... And i remember the black orange malibu... It was goin' in the water just after we put our buddies moomba in.... Was that your boat?? Which white house at the resort?? We have 2 lots just down the river at shuswap falls rv resort and 3 friends have lots right on the golf course.... I like it there!!!

I know pics, pics...look my wife was okay with me discussing the size of her attachments but taking specific pics for you guy's might have put me in the dog house. There was quite a few ladies there with fakey's, my wife even asked if i would buy her a set but i responded with no it's about time to upgrade the sled. I think i remember the Mooba, was it a blue/ white direct drive? Ya, the blk/ org Malibu was mine the other 2 were my buddies. The white house is in the camp ground but really close to the Mabel Lake Resort reigstration/ store. Is Shuswap falls along the mabel lake road or is it closer to Sicamous? We stopped by the river mouth marina, not sure if it's anywhere near there though. I bumped into an older couple that i got chatting with and they owned a lot at the Club Fisher which isn't far from the golf course. We also played around of golf and wow there is some sweet looking houses...major bucks around there. Next year i might try camping at Mara which i've houseboated on several occasions but Mabel is soooo nice and quiet, hardly ever run into another boat on the water.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread gang, i still have the excitement from holiday mode. I'll see if we have any juicy pics on the cam for ya'll.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I THINK THE MOOMBA WAS RED/BLACK??? DAM, HAVE TO LOOK AT THE PICS NOW, CAN'T REMEMBER. I KNOW WHERE THE WHITE HOUSE BY THE LITTLE STORE IS. KING FISHER IS JUST DOWN THE ROAD A FEW KLICKS AND SHUSWAP FALLS RV RESORT IS ABOUT 10 MINUTES OUT, RIGHT UNDER THE SHUSWAP FALLS WATERFALL ON THE ROAD BACK INTO ENDERBY. GOOD SLEDDIN' UP IN HUNTERS RANGE JUST ABOVE US....... NEXT TIME OUT, YOU'LL HAVE TO GO DOWN THE RIVER ON THE TIRE TUBES WITH BEERS AND JUST CHILL FOR 3 OR 4 HOURS.... VERY NICE RIVER FOR THAT(JUST CAN'T GO FROM THE MARINA, BECAUSE OF THE RAPIDS JUST DOWN FROM THE MARINA). THE GOLF COURSE WAS KINDA DRY THIS YEAR SO FAR, AS THEY HAD PUMPING SYSTEM PROBLEMS, BUT THAT IS FIXED NOW, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. IT IS USUALLY THE GREENEST/LUSHEST GOLF COURSE AROUND. :beer::d:beer: I FEEL LIKE I'M STILL IN HOLIDAY MODE TOO, AND HOPEFULLY HEADING BACK IN 2 1/2 WEEKS???

Top Bottom