Wakeboard tower installation

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a Roswell 52 on my boat and it is quite easy to flex the hull on the mount points on my Maxum. Is this common? There is not a lot of room to increase backer plates but i have 1" puck board and will be making 5"x8" pads and installing with PL Premium and the four bolts. Before I go any futher I would like to know if any one has encountered this and what you have done. Thanks in advance for any info.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my boat there is 1-1.5" thick pieces of wood that are about 4x6" that are backing it up, I think once you have the 5x8 backing plates you should have little flex and it should be good to go.

Scuba

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another tip is when you drill through the hull use a die-grinder to bevel the edge of the hole so the gel coat doesn't touch the bolt... this prevents spider cracks around the mounting feet when they are flexing. As far as supports do your best to get something in there to beef it up. Fibreglass in some 2X4's if possible and DON"T pull tubes off the tower or it will literally rip it right off your boat if it's slightly weak.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted my tower and tower speakers yesterday,ya can't wait to hit the water.I'm so excited that the boy might be missing pre school,just so dad can get the boat in the water a few hour sooner....
P6161395.jpg

P6161394.jpg

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your gonna love the tower, wakeboarding is way easier with one. and the air time is greatly increased. Looks good have fun.:awesome_dude:

Scuba

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i here ya,should be alot better than the 10' pole that slips over existing ski pole.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i here ya,should be alot better than the 10' pole that slips over existing ski pole.

Tower looks great. Funny you mention the 10' pole, last week we saw a small group of guy's in a really old Nautique with a huge pole and holy cow:eek: they were throwing monster air with tricks i only dream of accomplishing, really impressive. They showed us up huge. Did you run your wiring inside of the tower legs?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not yet but i wanna pics up those quick clip wire's for speakers and lights.ebay has them for 50 plus shippin.I never ride at night so do i need light's?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i helped put that sucka on ther so dont forget about me...i want the sun water and rockstar 6.9's aaaand waterever else comes with bein on the lake:d

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally finished stiffing up tower with backer plates of pressure treated plywood. Waaaay better than just the small plates supplied with the tower. Could not find a kneeboard rack so I made my own out of 1" puck board, also made a wrench out of puck board to tighten the triflange bolt. Helps keep the base solid and does'nt scratch polished finish. Will try to post a couple pics today.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could not find a kneeboard rack QUOTE]

I bought the surf/wake board racks for both sides Of my Roswell tower and my Kneeboard fits in the surf rack perfect. Its a thinner kneeboard then most, I don't know if all would fit.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could not find a kneeboard rack QUOTE]

I bought the surf/wake board racks for both sides Of my Roswell tower and my Kneeboard fits in the surf rack perfect. Its a thinner kneeboard then most, I don't know if all would fit.

I have the thicker knee boards so they won't fit in a surf rack. Gun drilled the rack and white puck board so they look OK:) One wakeboard rack, one ski rack and a single kneeboard rack on the tower. No more stuff laying on the floor to trip on:d

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of pictures with the tower on
1&2) Roswell 52SI Tower
3) Single knee board rack made of 1" puck board
4) Puck board wrench to tighten tower

Attachments

• P1010490.jpg
    P1010490.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010493.jpg