Wabasto Install ?

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm installing a Webasto coolant heater on my Dodge 3500 Cummins and am wondering where to plumb the coolant lines to. Can a guy T them off the heater core lines or is there a better option. Anybody done this?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm installing a Webasto coolant heater on my Dodge 3500 Cummins and am wondering where to plumb the coolant lines to. Can a guy T them off the heater core lines or is there a better option. Anybody done this?

The ones I've put on Gas motors you have to get around the thermostat. They work on a heat rise's theory so if your thermostat is in the way they don't work that well. Usually one line off bottom of block and one tied in the top "heater hose possible"

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i would pull one off the side of your block if there is a plug and the other side to the down stream side of the heater line this way you have a coolant path through the block. jmho

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of just cutting one heater core hose....connecting one end to the webasto supply and the other end to the webasto return. This way i'm not altering coolant flow... just adding a heater.....................right?:confused:

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

leave it run till april,not like we pay for fuel LOL:beer::nono:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:ramsfan_small: figure I waste enough fuel when I smoke out imports and minivans maybe I should conserve some.;)

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like at B P in wainwright* LOL:d

grizzly se

Reaction score
You hook it up the same way we hook up the kenworths, Don't use t's use y's. Hook the inlet to heater to the top heater hose so the y goes between the two ends of heater hose and y's down to the wabasto. Then hook up the out putof the webasto y'd into the lower heater hose, so that you suck in from the top of block and pump into the suction of the water pump hope it helps ????

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of just cutting one heater core hose....connecting one end to the webasto supply and the other end to the webasto return. This way i'm not altering coolant flow... just adding a heater.....................right?:confused:

That will work but you are only heating the heater and not the block. If your truck is routed the way I think it is. As above you should use Y's not T's. Bottom of block to top of block is the flow path you are after. On my old Truck I routed the aux heater from bottom of block drivers to the top of the block Passanger, worked great. IMO:d:beer:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got er installed but I'm short about 5ft of fuel line and need 2 more hose clamps. Should be up and running tomorrow.:p Thanks for the input guys!

Top Bottom