Viper dim lights

nolan

Reaction score
I have a 2004 viper and if i unhook one head lite every thing works good, I f i plug both in the heated grips dont work the lights r really dim and the guages quit at idle but motor runs fine ??? I have replaced the Hlight relay and voltage regulator already , I guess it must b the stator ???? any help out there ???

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 viper and if i unhook one head lite every thing works good, I f i plug both in the heated grips dont work the lights r really dim and the guages quit at idle but motor runs fine ??? I have replaced the Hlight relay and voltage regulator already , I guess it must b the stator ???? any help out there ???

r u sure u have a good ground? we have never seen any vipers lose a stator,,,but u never know.

Since u have already replaced the voltage reg, and the realy for the h lite, i would be searching for a bare wire, or double check ur not getting a good ground... also look for any corrosion in the electrical connections, or plugs. for hand warmers, or headlite,,,plugs,,, i had one sled that had a electrical issue that was a really pain......after testing and retesting numerous options......the culprit turned out to be a bare wire from the tail lite under the seat up to the wiring harness,,, wore the wire under the seat, from rubbing and it made the lites act up and the guage occasionally would flicker as well.........

hope that helps...
T

nolan

Reaction score
Thanks Terry I will look under the seat . I have ran a ground wire from the frame to the ground wire on each bulb and no change . I have tested the wires at each lite for voltage and it goes from 14 .4 volts with one lite to 7.4 volts with both plugged in ???

Top Bottom