Vintage Mountain Sledding Slideshow, 1978-1980

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
So I'm sorting through a bunch of sledding media on my Mac, still getting amped up for the season. I really should be out working on my sleds though...

Many of you have seen these photos already. I still have fun looking at them, so I put them together in a slideshow set to music from that time.

Vintage Mountian Sledding Slideshow on Youtube: (Edit - revised slideshow for proper display at full 1080p HD, much more detail visible)

http://youtu.be/3wxNkvl15Eo

Last edited:

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bad part is I remember driving most of those sleds ouch compared to now and when u got stuck it took a truck to pull u out

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Sweet.....thanks for sharing. You certainly were one of the pioneers. :)
Wild to look at some of the terrain you were accessing with smooth tracks and minimal hp. Determination!!!

Keep on sleddin :)
RS

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Sweet.....thanks for sharing. You certainly were one of the pioneers. :)
Wild to look at some of the terrain you were accessing with smooth tracks and minimal hp. Determination!!!

Keep on sleddin :)
RS

LOL! I should have mentioned that these are photos of my dad, mom, grandpa, and various other relatives and friends! They were the pioneers for sure! If you look very closely at one of the photos, you will find someone who looks suspiciously like Cory Micku... and he is in quite a few of those photos under one of the Moto-Ski suits ;-)

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best post I have seen since I have been on snow and mud. I will try to add some to it soon, my pics wont start till 85, will be bad quality and far and few between unfortunately. when your 10 yrs old you dont think about picture taking so much:d

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
The best post I have seen since I have been on snow and mud. I will try to add some to it soon, my pics wont start till 85, will be bad quality and far and few between unfortunately. when your 10 yrs old you dont think about picture taking so much:d

Post them up!!! Keep in mind that most of the pictures in the slideshow were taken with an old disposable Kodak 110 camera!

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love it.....I love the old iron we used to ride.Need more pictures posted of the old stuff.

twumba

Reaction score
curious what did you have to pay for a new machine in those years?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in 1980 we bought a brand new ET340 short track for $1950 bucks. If it was a long track add a couple hundred more. SS440 were around 3500 if I recall.

curious what did you have to pay for a new machine in those years?

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
So I finally figured this Mac out - I redid the slideshow so that it will display in proper 1080p quality. Much better detail on the photos! The link above has been updated.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally figured this Mac out - I redid the slideshow so that it will display in proper 1080p quality. Much better detail on the photos! The link above has been updated.

so what happened to these photo's? I can't see them?

Top Bottom