Vibration @ 3000 rpm. 2011 pro

Zien19

Reaction score
I have a vibration felt through my handle bars when my engine is returning to idle while moving. It is quite harsh and was wondering if this is an issue and if so what is going on. Little background the engine is fresh top an bottom. Just rebuilt but I do remember the vibration being there before. Cluching? VES? Please help.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check rubber motor mounts. I know there was a problem with the eng mount that bolts directly to the block, mainly under the stator side of the eng.

rmscustom

Reaction score
I had the same vibration before and after a new top end. Sent the clutches out for balancing and it's smooth as silk now.

Zien19

Reaction score
Check rubber motor mounts. I know there was a problem with the eng mount that bolts directly to the block, mainly under the stator side of the eng.

Just put the upgraded engine mounts in. Maybe I put them in wrong. Will check this out.

rmscustom

Reaction score
Indy specialties. He also machined the faces and shimmed the spider for the proper belt clearance. Looks like he did a great job, cant wait to get it on the snow.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a vibration felt through my handle bars when my engine is returning to idle while moving. It is quite harsh and was wondering if this is an issue and if so what is going on. Little background the engine is fresh top an bottom. Just rebuilt but I do remember the vibration being there before. Cluching? VES? Please help.
I had something similar this spring, turned out to be a flat spot in my belt. I put a new belt on and everything was good again.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2011 does the exact same thing, only seems to vibrate on deceleration. I'm doing an RTK top end, new motor mounts and an SLP torque arm, sure hope this work will stop the vibration. The primary was checked locally for balance, tried a different belt, none of these things made any difference.

Zien19

Reaction score
My 2011 does the exact same thing, only seems to vibrate on deceleration. I'm doing an RTK top end, new motor mounts and an SLP torque arm, sure hope this work will stop the vibration. The primary was checked locally for balance, tried a different belt, none of these things made any difference.

Keep me posted!!!! Please.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure, just waiting for a new fuel filter to arrive to finish the work. The RTK top end is supposed to really smooth out the vibes, when I weighed the stock pistons there's was a 2 gram difference between them. The RTK pistons were about 30 grams less than stock and weighed exactly the same.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gone for Christmas, so I just got my sled going a couple of days ago. Don't have enough miles on it yet to see if it's all better, but so far the few blasts to seat the rings feel silky smooth!

Top Bottom