very desperate to ride

sickcat05

Reaction score
hey everyone out there i really need my sled running for next weekend and i need to figure out what my problem is so here we go,
I have a 2005 sno pro 800 mod, starts up incredible and idles amazingly BUT when i throttle up it reaches to about 3800 rpm and bogs and cannot climb any higher
it usually engages at 4500 but i cannot figure out what my problem is, so can anyone help me out what i can check what could be the problem im really starting to get stressed out
i have checked my power valves and my reeds and my pistons, my air box is clean not mouse nests... as for that thats all i have checked so yeah please help me out someone!
Thanks
very desperate to ride :(

magnet32

Reaction score
remove your ecu check back side is burnt or melted. my m8 did same as what you said ,and thats what it was. the cause of my problem was I did't put wiring back properly after tunnel change . rubed through ,shorted out.fried computer and chassis control unit.hope thats not your problem,but easy to check . goodluck!!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you have a bb kit on your 05?are you using a boondocker box or other fuel managment?did it run fine before this happened or did you just build this and now cannot get it working a little more info please

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
so you have a bb kit on your 05?are you using a boondocker box or other fuel managment?did it run fine before this happened or did you just build this and now cannot get it working a little more info please

I have the same sled. Should be carbed. Sounds like a fuel issue. To make sure ignition is fine fined someone with a timing light and borrow it. Put it on a plug wire and see if the flashing cuts out when the sled won't rev. Easy test for coils and ecu box. If the light needs 12 volts just take a car batt and hook it to that. Check the pulse line to your crank case that makes your fuel pump work. Look for tears or cracks, or just replace it it very easy to do. Maybe the fuel pump crapped out? These sleds have a different fuel pump cause of no oil injection. Any cat pump should work to try just plug off the oil lines on the pump. Your local dealer should have a pump they are pretty universal for the twin carbed sleds till you get the right one. Also check the pick-up line in the tank. If sucking air it could screw up too. Mine fell off once and since the line goes through the top of the tank on these sleds it makes a big problem. Also check your carb vent lines make sure they are clear. Hope this helps. Good luck.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about cats but on the doos if you have the wrong tether on the sled it will start and idle but won't rev enough to engage the clutch.

vic

Reaction score
Are you running proper octane for that sled ,Lots of bad fuel out there ,been sitting for awhile maybe ethanal separation?

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said that you check the piston did you do a compression test or did a visual because it possible that you have stuck ring.replace the plugs to start
if this does not work do a ohms res.test on plug leads compare the reading
between the leads to determine any difference its possible thatyou have a
weak coil pack this normally does it show up till you load up the leads or the coils are hot these are easy test to do and cheap

sickcat05

Reaction score
not to good i replaced the plugs she runs amazing but same thing when i give it throttle and it bogs around 3800 still... could it possibly be my timing resistor?

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
does it have a tps? throttle position sensor. if that is faulty or frozen it will not run. happened to me idles good but wont allow the sled to run:beer:

Top Bottom