vega

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
rough for quads, perfect for dirtbikes. Although there was a section of deep mud up the powerline, looks to be drying a bit now.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless it got worse that just sounds like typical Vega. The powerline would be rought for a utility quad but there are lots of nice trails that branch off of the main one that don't get whooped out at all.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever gotton lost at vega? me and my dad were lost for like 3 hours and i had a 1/8 of a tank left!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
sounds like one of you guy's needs to invest in a GPS. How was the ride out there anyways? I used to go to Vega to practice high speed woops with the motocross bike LoL. Then I got good on the woops and no longer have ANY desire to return to Vega.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I allmost got lost lol once, turned my GPS on and got out, it was gettin really dark too and we took some trails that took us right down to the river. You should pack some flaging tape with yeah if your not framiliar with the area and try and mark your trail there is so many trails that run of on other trail and conect back to the trail you wear just one that its like a maze. You wear in the toy with the dual exaust right ?

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like one of you guy's needs to invest in a GPS. How was the ride out there anyways? I used to go to Vega to practice high speed woops with the motocross bike LoL. Then I got good on the woops and no longer have ANY desire to return to Vega.

Yea and its geting really chewd out up there its kinda sad to see it like that. wouldnt be surprized if they shut it down in the near futrue...:d:beer:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I allmost got lost lol once, turned my GPS on and got out, it was gettin really dark too and we took some trails that took us right down to the river. You should pack some flaging tape with yeah if your not framiliar with the area and try and mark your trail there is so many trails that run of on other trail and conect back to the trail you wear just one that its like a maze. You wear in the toy with the dual exaust right ?

yea i was on a trail that took me to the river. and there was a ton of t intersections. I going to buy a gps. but the ride was good other than i couldnt cross the creek it was too deep for my cr 125. I also was outclimbing the 250's so I felt good about that.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol oh I was yellin at some dirt bikers tryin to get them to cross the creek but I dont think they heard me or they wear just ignoring me.... We wear parked having a drink and seen a hole bunch of guys to chicken to follow us lol

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been out to Vega yet, I'm hoping to check it out soon... where abouts is it?? What kind of terrain?

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
Its north of Barrhead.. If you find the town of vega on a map, you go from Vega... north to the T intersection, turn left, follow the signs to the Klondyke Ferry, cross the ferry, then anywhere on the right hand side for about 3 miles is all staging area. I usually turn right then right, at the big power lines about a mile up from the ferry, and in there is some nice shaded areas to stage.
Its a lot of sandhills - big and small, muskeg, whoops, some hard pack, did I say whoops? Its 35 sq miles big and is also known as the timue off highway recreation area I believe...

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Sounds like it could be alright! :) I am trying to do some research and find some good places to dirtbike, to date I have only been riding in the Bruderheim area, McLean, Nordegg, Enoch Reserve sand dunes, Brule/Hinton, along North Sask River (199st, Edmonton) Wild Bill's Track,Floating Stone Lake, RR24 out past Spruce Grove... any other suggestions???

Top Bottom