Vancouver 2010, an American perspective

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read this article from the Calgary Herald, and the second one too! I was quite pizzed off about it!

Here is the article written by the American columnist.

and here is the rhetorical article written into the Calgary Herald.

I hope that you all read the first article at least. It made me want to puke! What happened to a little bit of patriatism these days?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting Anthony, some good reads there. the dude tries to apologize for the comparison to the nazis in a follow up column, but you can still sense the resentment. his claim the olympics is a celebration of the whole world, and that Canadians showing their patriotism clouded that concept, is flat out retarded.

smc

Reaction score
what a douche, he sounds like a bitter old man who's angry at everything. the patriotism he talks of sounds like an average day in some of the states ive been to.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you guys seen the article by some azzhat ex-pat brit who lives in russia now. he thinks our hpckey players wedre doped up during the can-russ hockey game cause there's no way it should have been that much of a blow out, and that vanoc is covering it up!!!!!!!!!! also, he said in another piece that because canadian slodiers were commiting atrocites around the world, that's basically why the russian figure skater didn't win the gold!!!!!!!!!!! he writes for pravda magazine in russia. just google it, you see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thread should be named.... one Americans perspective.

If you follow the links to related articles and comment sections it quickly becomes very clear that he is not only taking heat from us Canadians but many of his fellow americans as well.

General consensious is that Vancouver and the rest of Canada did a great job and were wonderful hosts....

There is gonna be an azzhat in every group, he's just one.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is infuriating! A canadian never would have attacked an American for being proud of thier countries athletes. Sounds like he is bitter that we come together as a nation and support one another. Not one person should be apologetic for the celebration we deserved! We did a great job and I am very proud to say I Am Canadian!

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Vancouver 2010, one Americans perspective

If you follow the links to related articles and comment sections it quickly becomes very clear that he is not only taking heat from us Canadians but many of his fellow americans as well.

General consensious is that Vancouver and the rest of Canada did a great job and were wonderful hosts....

My apologies! You are absolutely correct though. Several of my cousins are in fact American, it wasn't meant to be an attack on all Americans. Rather, it was directed towards the inital column written.

Is it possible to change the title of this thread to be less inclusive?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you guys seen the article by some azzhat ex-pat brit who lives in russia now. he thinks our hpckey players wedre doped up during the can-russ hockey game cause there's no way it should have been that much of a blow out, and that vanoc is covering it up!!!!!!!!!! also, he said in another piece that because canadian slodiers were commiting atrocites around the world, that's basically why the russian figure skater didn't win the gold!!!!!!!!!!! he writes for pravda magazine in russia. just google it, you see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gawd and i guess our juniors were doped up when we kicked the azzhats a few years ago as well

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That is infuriating! A canadian never would have attacked an American for being proud of thier countries athletes. Sounds like he is bitter that we come together as a nation and support one another. Not one person should be apologetic for the celebration we deserved! We did a great job and I am very proud to say I Am Canadian!

Now Now..... Canada has it's azzhats too, I know a few canadians who would arogantly do just that......

Just sayin:d

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mearly bitterness from a has been nation as others in the world are beggining to shine

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now Now..... Canada has it's azzhats too, I know a few canadians who would arogantly do just that......

Just sayin:d

you pretty much summed it up with these two posts. Very good observation.

oh BTW hope you heal up quickly

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Clevland Ohio for a while during the olymics and everyone that I talked to were quite impressed with the show , and alot knew very little or nothing about Canada but where left with a positive feeling towards Canada and the games , even a few commented that they would like to take a holiday there , the games did us proud , at least in my eyes

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an American wife and spent a year in the states getting a green card and living between Iowa and Colorado. And i have seen first hand how much Americans are ignorant and completely under educated to, us, their closest neighbors ,so you can really blame them! Stupid breeds Stupid!
That being said i also met alot of really cool people but the ratio was unfortunate in that aspect.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep way to many idiots there. Arogant and just plain retarded. I bet they are the ONLY country with a problem. They just hate when it's not about them. See way to many of them in mexico....they aren't hard to point out.

Doesn't China own them yet?!??! Or is that going to happen tomorrow? :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to get too anti american here, but search "rick mercer, talking to americans" on youtube. you know they had to pick the best (worst) ones for the broadcast, but man it is funny.....the bright spot at the end is the little kid that knows more than his mom....:D

I totally agree with bogg, there are azzholes and angels everywhere you go.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hmmm wonder why when you go down to Mexico and the locals are so happy to hear that your Canadian and not American?????

the kids at their schools cant even locate Canada on the map.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm wonder why when you go down to Mexico and the locals are so happy to hear that your Canadian and not American?????

the kids at their schools cant even locate Canada on the map.

Yep, but most of them can tell right away if your american or canadian by the way you act. And it is so funny watching them have a couple drinks and falling down......so pathetic in so many ways :d

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this jackazz has no idea why they hold the olympic games in different countries.
When the games were in Beijing, Torino, and Athens you saw how their culture was.... it was apparent.
That is the reason different, unique countries hosts the games, not to just have a bland representation, but to show the world what their stompin' grounds are all about.
To make an olympic event a success, you have to promote your country, and sell tickets, leaving 75% of your tickets to the opening day would be a disaster.

This dork sounds like a sore loser that his team didn't score in overtime.

Last edited by a moderator:

bspot

Reaction score
EACH AND EVERYONE OF US SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF OURSELVES!!!!! Only americans are aloud to be patriotic and we should have never shown our pride during the Olympics.

Top Bottom