Value of a 2003 800 summit

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, i have the chance to pick up a 2003 800 summit 157 track ( not 100% positive on the track size) with 2600 km big wheel kit and a left hand gold finger throttle. I am just couious what you's think woould be a fair price. he's asksing $4000.00 obo

got a picture of it? i know of one of my old ones a guy is trying to sell it on kijiji saying there is 2600 km on it..... when it had 4800 on it when i sold it to him.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
got a picture of it? i know of one of my old ones a guy is trying to sell it on kijiji saying there is 2600 km on it..... when it had 4800 on it when i sold it to him.

did it have reverse???......:eek:

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats ok i sold my 800 with kinked tunnel for 2400$

guy turns around and tries to sell it for 3000+ wishout disclosing the tunnel.

these sled prices can fluctuate alot. there are some dirty zx sleds out their i wouldnt pay 2g for but at the same time there are some maticulously maintained absolutely mint ones with some nice add ons for 4000 that i wouldnt hesitate for a second to buy.

keep in mind if your getting a rev for 4000-4500 you either know someone or theres a reason its 4000$. not to say there isnt some fluke deals once in a while

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ZX i had was stellar....worked awesome and never missed a beat.... often thought of building another.... then i built up Hawkinstein...wish i would have did a ZX i miss riding like GODwell.

nightmagic

Reaction score
Picked up a 2003 Summit 800HO back in October for $3500 out of Calgary.. rode it 250kms and the motor blew due to a crack carb boot.. awesome! seemed like a good deal at the time since it had a new factory shortblock.. but just watch what you buy.

Snow and Mud, FAIL!

know how that feels to picked up a 670 off here, put under 50 km on it and the engine seized

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
know how that feels to picked up a 670 off here, put under 50 km on it and the engine seized

Yes.. but when i was told the carb boots were updated when i picked up the sled.. and that there was a new factory short block in last year.. the engine should have lasted more than 250kms before running lean due to a ripped carb boot. Don't worry.. there will be more on this story.. once i'm done dropping some more money into this sled.. started at $3500.. should end up around $5000 by the time its in actually riding condition. Not ready to ride like the owner said.. he forgot to mention.. "ready to ride like a big bag of dicks"

What an awesome introduction to sledding!!

THANKS!

Top Bottom