Valemount Rocks!

the Champ

Reaction score
WOW!!!Just came back from our ride in Valemount
( April27-29 ), and was it awesome!!! Friday the weather was pretty overcast with the occasional sun break ( it was raining at the town site ), but saturday had much more sunshine and awesome snow:D
Once again we stayed at the Stone Haven Inn which made the experience that much more enjoyable. Many thousand thanks to Norm and Nadine for being excellent hosts. I will post some pics in awhile so check them out!!
Rode with GetR'Done, Bigfoot and BadAss, as well as a couple of virgin mtn sledders! I am sure we got them hooked now!

Misfit

Reaction score
nice. good to hear you guys had a good ride. what area did you guys ride in and how were the trails. did you have to drive up the trail much to reach the snow.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear there is still some good riding to be had. Can't wait to see the pictures?

GRD

Reaction score
Good Couple of Days

Like the Champ said, had 2 great days of riding. Rode a spot only a few locals know about. Zipper Mouth Mountain can't say much more, enough said..... Fresh untracked snow both days. Still a huge base left... Great group to ride with, and great accomdations for small groups (Stone Haven).

the Champ

Reaction score
Because of the rain down below, the trail into the staging area was pretty muddy; if you didn't have good mudders on it might of been a difficult time. But like GetR'Done said: there was an excellent amount of snow still up in the tops; once the sun was shining it made for an awesome ride!
nice. good to hear you guys had a good ride. what area did you guys ride in and how were the trails. did you have to drive up the trail much to reach the snow.

GRD

Reaction score
Pictures

Posted some pictures from the weekend.

Beekeeper

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time!! I was in Alan on 21 apr. The snow conditions up top were much like you described. From the staging area I had to run about 100 meteres of exposed gravel until the trail was snow covered.
How much more exposed gravel has to be dealt with at this time???

Top Bottom