Valemount R C M P

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we were stopped by the local RCMP at the bottom of Clemina trail on Saturday evening. They were checking VIN #'s for stolen sleds. Turns out one new guy in our group (friend of a friend) had a stolen sled. He got arrested, charged with posession over $5000 and the sled got taken away. When he got released we dropped him off at the bus. Just wanted to say a big thanks to the boys in blue. For every one caught, there's a story that might deter others from buying a hot sled.

GRD

Reaction score
Nice to here of a sled being recovered!:)

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they loaded the sled on the flatdeck there was one other already there. Cops said they only checked about 30 sleds and found two stolen ones. Pretty good for an hours work. By the way I only met the guy a few days before we went, seemed ok but you never know I guess.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You took him to the bus. Lucky him, I would have made him walk. If no one buys a hot sled there would be no market. Criminal record for poss. of stolen property, not worth it.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Stolen is stolen...any chance the guy didn't know?

And on Barry's comments. having the police presence is nice as well, puts pressure on the thieves and their buyers.
So we were stopped by the local RCMP at the bottom of Clemina trail on Saturday evening. They were checking VIN #'s for stolen sleds. Turns out one new guy in our group (friend of a friend) had a stolen sled. He got arrested, charged with posession over $5000 and the sled got taken away. When he got released we dropped him off at the bus. Just wanted to say a big thanks to the boys in blue. For every one caught, there's a story that might deter others from buying a hot sled.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that you let him off at the bus stop because he knew it was stolen when he bought it??

Friend of mine had that happen to him after he took the vin # to regestries to make sure it was legit and they said it was so he bought it and regestered it only to get a phone call three weeks later telling him he had a stolen sled.

RCMP seized the sled and it turned out the chasis was stolen but the motor didn't match the motor that was in it and it had been sold twice after it had been stolen but before it was added to the list of stolen vin#'s.

Sled had a mod motor in it when stolen but a stocker in it when my buddy bought it. It had also been stolen 2 months before it made the list.

I guess it pays to check all the serial #'s on a sled and make sure they all match the original setup or if not find out why.:twocents:

If this guy knew what he was doing you should have dropped him off a bridge if not super chitty for him.

ColinSiR

Reaction score
HEY, what sleds were recovered???? a polaris or 2 bye any chance???? :( :) :) please

Last edited by a moderator:

Born2Ride

Reaction score
That is great to hear that the RCMP were stopping people at the bottom. Dirt biking or snowmobiling I never mind being stopped and asked for my paperwork.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One was a rev 800, the other looked like a new summit or mxz. Yellow with blue stickers I think, it was already loaded on a flatdeck and it was pretty dark. Call the Valemount RCMP, they might let you know what they recovered.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score

I am glad he got caught. Too bad he did not get killed by a rock or avalanche.

bcboy

Reaction score
its just some peoples luck don't forget alot of people don't regi there sleds. not that i sticking up for the guy but u never know what your getting if u buy used. mix matched parts. happen to a guy i met he bought a truck got into an accident and icbc told him the motor was out of a stolen truck so u never know thats all

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they found the owner and returned it to him, and to give that guy the benifit of the doubt i hope he didn't know that it was hot, if he did then he can go pound sand.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear some good stories for a change...Makes a person all warm and fuzzy inside...:common001::

Top Bottom