Valemount Family Poker Run for the BC Lions Society for Children with Dissabilities

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobile Poker Run – Ride for a cause! Saturday February 12th

Bring your family and friends to experience the thrill of riding in the beautiful mountain trails of the Lower Westridge area, while raising funds for BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities. Tourism Valemount, in cooperation with the Valemount Snowgoers Club and VARDA will be hosting the annual Winterfest Poker Run. The trail is a low-elevation, clearly marked 30-km-loop where you will experience beautiful views of the valley and village below. Take a break and fight off winter chills with a complimentary hot chocolate and a treat at the warming hut, at approximately the 20 km mark of the trail. This trail is also an excellent place for new riders to improve their snowmobiling skills before heading into more serious territory. The Poker Run will start and finish at the new Westridge Parking Lot where you will pick up your cards and hope for the best hand! Prizes will be given for best hands, pledges, rider categories and ghost riders

This is always a fun event and growing every year. Come on out to support a good cause. We are also looking for prize donations for the winners of each category. If you have something to offer, please contact our office by pm, phone or email.

The Registration From, Information Sheet and PLEDGE Form are all attached. If you can, please pre register so we can get an idea of the number of participants for better food planning etc

Even if you cannot participate you can still download the pledge form and collect pledges around your office/worksite to go to this great cause and simply mail the contributions to the VARDA office:beer: The contributors are written down as "Ghost Hands" and still have the opportunity to win great prizes even if they do not attend

Thank you all for the support and hope to see you there!

Attachments

• PokerRunPreRegistration2011.pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Winterfest pledge form 2011.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 64
  • PokerRunInfo2011.pdf
    34.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I wasnt working. I'd love to help out with a good cause like this... can a fella just make a donation or somethin? ya know anything for the kids:)

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you can fill out a pledge form with as many people as you like and get it here before the 12th. You will be counted as GHOST RIDER and all donors will still get hands drawn for them and have a chance at the cool prizes including:

2 varda seasons passes
remote weather station
Hitachi Hammer Drill
$50 Gift Cert from Caribou Grill, Great Escape or P@Vs

Please help out if you can 100% of the received proceeds go to the lions society

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for me thats impossible. could i make a pledge to somebody? at least that way im helpin out somehow.

Sure thing, if you are able to send in anything to:

VARDA
Box 721
Valemount, BC
V0E 2Z0

I will be sure it gets on someones pledge sheet and you will included in the event ! If that wont work either, send me a pm and we can figure something out in sure:d

THANK YOU

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming Soon !

Registration begins at 9am in the Westridge Parking area. The ride is usually over by 1pm so there is still plenty of time for a rip to Upper Westridge for the afternooon if you like

Last edited:
Top Bottom