Valemount camping and quading

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever stayed along kin basket lake at any of the three campgrounds if so how are they? Is there any random camping along this road? thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever stayed along kin basket lake at any of the three campgrounds if so how are they? Is there any random camping along this road? thanks

U sure duck hunting season is open???

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha i guess i should learn how to spell. lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount camping and quaking

Ha Ha i guess i should learn how to spell. lol

Just funning with ya, every one hates a teachers pet trying to correct someones spelling, i thought it was humorus

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Valemount camping and quaking

Fixed it for ya! Hmm maybe half fixed lol, changed spelling but only changed half the titles......weird!

Last edited:

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
We camped at the last campsite just before the Marina. I think it was Horse Creek or something like that. It was alright. The more popular of the 3. It was full. 15-20 sites maybe. Young kids riding quads around the loop of campsite until late was a bit annoying, but thats campsites for you. There is a nice big open area about km 10ish that was the old mill, on the east side of the lake. Great for a group. The riding? Well its logging roads. There isn't any muskeg to speak of, not that you could ride thru it anyway...you are in BC. You gotta stay on the trail. If you go, you must take the ride up Canoe Mtn. Very scenic. Stop in at the tourist center on the right as you enter Vale and they will help you out with good info and a map. We had a good time and are going back in late June/ early July.

Chickeness

Reaction score

Looking for area maps for the quading and camping areas for Valemount? Wondering any good spots to stop and camp, fish quad along the way from the Hinton area? Thanks

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

Last year we stayed at the Canoe Mtn Campground. The trail from the campground meets up with the main trail up Canoe Mtn, A must ride. The owners will tell you how to get there. We also went on the west side of highway and rode some logging roads. Bring dust masks for those not riding first. One of the roads headed kind of south and becomes very nice , ends up at some large cabin for tourists,owners of campground should know. We also went into a valley to the NW , it dead ends but is a nice ride. Careful of bears.

Attachments

• Canoe River Campground (640x360).jpg
    Canoe River Campground (640x360).jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 339
  • Kinbasket Lake, Canoe Mtn (640x480).jpg
    Kinbasket Lake, Canoe Mtn (640x480).jpg
    254 KB · Views: 331
  • P7030052 (640x421).jpg
    P7030052 (640x421).jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Canoe Mtn trail (640x357).jpg
    Canoe Mtn trail (640x357).jpg