Valemount BC Chappell Creek Snowpack Video

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure am no actor, but heres a little video the mountain host team put together yesterday. Our main concern was the early jan surface hoar layer and the new storm snow. This interface was mostly noticed in the 13-1400m range and to a lesser extent in the upper alpine.

Lots of new rapid loading and cooling out there recently, keep you guard up and be observant. Dont let the sun influence your good decision making habits.

Let us know what you think of the video as we may make some more as the season progresses

Chappell Creek, Valemount BC - YouTube

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love seeing them,makes a person think of doing the little tests more often to be aware of the conditions.how many people never check the snow pack when they go out into the back country? these should help to get people to think more and can be a learning guide for snowmobilers

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure am no actor, but heres a little video the mountain host team put together yesterday. Our main concern was the early jan surface hoar layer and the new storm snow. This interface was mostly noticed in the 13-1400m range and to a lesser extent in the upper alpine.

Lots of new rapid loading and cooling out there recently, keep you guard up and be observant. Dont let the sun influence your good decision making habits.

Let us know what you think of the video as we may make some more as the season progresses

Chappell Creek, Valemount BC - YouTube

Excellent first hand info to know when going up.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to share this info. I know I would appreciate more first hand updates.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
Great information and great film quality ! Thanks for sharing I look forward to seeing the next one. I wish I could go to a database of videos like that.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks, here is a follow up video from our Jan 11th video in Chappell Creek. This one is from Jan 13th and takes place a bit north from Chappell in the Clemina Creek Area. Still bumbling over vocabulary and content, although the message gets accross.

The message we hope to get out is how quickly we travel on snowmobiles and access a completely different snowpacks in a matter of minutes. Be observant and take some time to gather a bit of information on your way. It takes but a few seconds and can really help you decision making throughout your day.

I will be creating a thread in the Valemount section for our series of videos as we get along to making them. We hope to be able to make at least one every weekend.

Valemount, BC - YouTube

Top Bottom