vacation time.

Keng

Reaction score
damn you guys are so lucky to live in that part of canada. so this winter is the big trip for me. so where do you guys recommend and when should i book my time off.. take into account its gonna take me something like 40 hours to get there..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damn you guys are so lucky to live in that part of canada. so this winter is the big trip for me. so where do you guys recommend and when should i book my time off.. take into account its gonna take me something like 40 hours to get there..

To do what??? SLED????

might as well just hit Revy for its ease of use for your first time,, oh ya and it snows a bit there but only 60ft a year,,,

come April or March and you should see some sun, and the drive would be smoother, you will drive right through Golden so ya could stop in there as well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
To do what??? SLED????

might as well just hit Revy for its ease of use for your first time,, oh ya and it snows a bit there but only 60ft a year,,,

come April or March and you should see some sun, and the drive would be smoother, you will drive right through Golden so ya could stop in there as well.

times two.....

Keng

Reaction score
yeah people tell me lots about revy.. how many members will be there.. i need someone to help me out.. first time ill be in the big snow. lol.. ill be bringing my 08 rmk 700 should i do anything to it first. since it is bone stock. not sure what the clutching is set for.. but i think its been re clutched for where i am. works great here. but not sure about there.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, find out the dealer specs for about 2500 to 7000 ft and clutch it for that. Apart from that, don't get too caught up in worrying about how the sled performs (so long as it runs good), since you will likely be spending more time focusing on learning how to ride. Other than that, your sled will be fine, the rider is what you need to worry about....:D

Some members will be there, depending on when you are coming out, I might be able to go. Threadkiller on the forum here is a good guy and has ridden there tons, he would be a good guy to talk to.

Mid-April is a good time of year, lots of snow but still some base. March is good too, but typically can be tougher weather and deeper snow. If you want bottomless powder plan on coming out on about Jan 21 (third week) until late Feb.

How long are you coming out for? I would plan a couple days of riding and then a rest day, depending on when you are coming and if you can. You will be riding at 5000-7000 ft for most of your days, the air is a lot thinner and you will be tired really fast, not to mention sore. A couple days of riding and then a rest day is a good plan IMO.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First two pics are march 6 and the second two are from march 7th. It snowed about 4" in town over night and we found 2.5-3 feet of fresh pow. Go to Revy!!!

Attachments

• Revy 003.jpg
    Revy 003.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Revy 005.jpg
    Revy 005.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Revy 017.jpg
    Revy 017.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 26
  • Revy 018.jpg
    Revy 018.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 24

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a couple guys in and around Norfolk County, ON that would love to do that trip. If your interested in putting together a small group from your end of the coutnry I'll point you in their direction. Of course I would have to join you as well :)

Keng

Reaction score
for sure. the more the better.. split on all the costs.. thats why im planing now. need to get all in order for $$$$$

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long of a trip are you planning? If it's a couple week trip hit a few spots. Revy is usually good lots of people to hook up with, Golden is nice. Anywhere in the kootnays is good. Mcbride is great area to hit, also has Valemont and Blueriver not to far away.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet would then be to pick an area that has several spots. Revy has Boulder and Keyhole and Sale, Golden is about an hour to hour an half away also has sicamous not to far away. Or hit Mcbride, Valemont and Blue river. As long as your in B.C any area that you pick is going to be great. I'm always up for riding as my folks live in Mcbride

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your first couple of days you will wonder why you came out west. You will be stuck. You will be sore. You will be out of breath. You will not have enough water with you. You will not have any fun. On your third day you will be planning your move out here and deciding where to live.:beer::beer::beer:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your first couple of days you will wonder why you came out west. You will be stuck. You will be sore. You will be out of breath. You will not have enough water with you. You will not have any fun. On your third day you will be planning your move out here and deciding where to live.:beer::beer::beer:

You about nailed that one. My third day I was conspiring on how I could get in another day with some sort of mechanical breakdown story to tell the wife.:d:d:d

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy no doubt...clutch for 6 to 9000 feet...you can ride with us...we are there every month..Milton, Nursepwdr, JohniT, Shiznit, Scuba, etc,etc..

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The two Norfolk Co boys are interested for sure. Just need to hook yuo guys up together for planning.

I of course will be joining in as well.

Keng

Reaction score
of course anyone can join in.. and trust me i used to live in Calgary dont know why i ever left.. kick myself in the ass for it now all the time. but problem with going back is convincing the wife to move. and trust i have been trying lol

Top Bottom