UTV-Kandi-made in china

john11139

Reaction score
Ok. Dont give me a tongue lashing. At one time I was considering getting a China UTV. I had about $6K to put into one. I followed every ones advice and found a good Amerilcan made ( imported too I guess) ATV. I bought a 650 Artic cat, 2007. Had about 3500 miles but had been kept inside and looked like new. Have had good luck with it. But I am always looking for a bargin and something I might make a buck on or use myself. I ran on to a UTV called "Kandi" 2009. 800 cc Kuzma 3 cylinder engine. 26 miles. It has a rellay sweet sounding engine. Vehicle is new almost 26 miles. I cant find any thing about this utv on the internet or who sells them, or the distributor or where to get parts. I can get it for around $5000. The fellow paid $6500 for it and forced to sell it. Any input would be grateful (even a tongue lashing)
I looked it over and it seems built pretty well compared to some of the other UTV's

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tongue lashing just a little advise. You get what you pay for man. Personally I would not want to throw 5g's down the drain. You said yourself you can't find any info on this unit. I would stay away myself. :nono: But hey man what ever makes your bum hum. :d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think you can buy it for 5000 and make money on it, you are very missinformed . If you give the guy 5 g`s HE will be laughing all the way to China .....

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you ......name brands:rant:= BIG BUCKS:rant: BUT china buggies:confused:

1- Great deal if you can get parts and Qualified help to fix it.

2- What are you doing with it? Drive like a grampa or like you stole it.

:rolleyes:Maybe I am too old, but didn't we use to think the same with Japanese stuff??:rolleyes:

motrhed

Reaction score
If you can't get parts readily for it, what do you plan to do when it breaks down... and it will???
You can buy a Lada real cheap too, but finding parts is much tougher here than if you drove a Chev/Ford/Dodge...
The Chinese manufacturers just steal other company's designs, then replicate them with inferior materials and workmanship. I will not support or encourage a company that exists by stealing other company's innovations.
:twocents:

Carl W

Reaction score
:)bought the Kandi 800 great machine but no dealer support in area so it makes it difficult to do much to unit looks and is close to a Polaras unit in frame and all but has a 3 cylinder engine. If I were you I would stay with the unit you bought as there are a lot of dealers and just about everyone caters to the Japan units and american units but not to the China units. Just a bit of info

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with the chinese made products is their business model. The rest of the world spends big bucks to reserch and test and try to come out with a product that will sell well and make a good profit. Customer loyalty is made by making a decent product (but not too good they have to leave room for improvments) that you will continue to want. The Chinese model is to retool a factory to make say a 100,000 units as quickly as possible. They are cheaper because they have access to cheaper labour. Like one poster said Japanese products were inferior at one point too(they had access to crappy material) The chinese aren't stupid they want to make a product that is attractive to you (price) but there is no proper customer care system because they don't have to pay for it thus a cheaper product that ain't so bad but try and fix the f&^king thing. Aren't you glad you asked?:rant:

MHC73

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is selling Chinese machines. He has good support and its actually a decent machine. Looks like a Rzr and its faster. He's put in lifts, harnesses, clutch kits, decal packages, rims, tires, suspension, and more for a lot less money. So aftermarket parts are available. I just couldn't do it. I looked at it and did some research and still had to many concerns with reliability and repairs even though he is a large dealer that sells Yamaha and Suzuki. I ended up spending double the money for my Can Am vs. his RaptorEX with all the goodies. I think he was about 11-12k for his done up RaptorEX. I think in time the Chinese will get it right or at least make a product better than Polaris.... Just kidding Po Po owners.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for side by side as well.
Was at BRP dealer today, looked at 800R Commander, I dunno guys that you guys are talking about.
That thing cost almost 14500 and i see its made in China. Look at the rims, interior, dashboard etc. Well I would rather spend 5k on real Chinise UTV instead of spending hard earned money on something that is pretends to be Canadian.
Could you give me a link to these Chinise made monsters?
Thanks a lot in advance

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for side by side as well.
Was at BRP dealer today, looked at 800R Commander, I dunno guys that you guys are talking about.
That thing cost almost 14500 and i see its made in China. Look at the rims, interior, dashboard etc. Well I would rather spend 5k on real Chinise UTV instead of spending hard earned money on something that is pretends to be Canadian.
Could you give me a link to these Chinise made monsters?
Thanks a lot in advance

can-am quads and side by sides are not made in china they are all made at the BRP plant in Jaurez mexico
soon the seadoo's will be made there as well
the sleds and sypders are all that is made in queerbec

Jimmy puffy

Reaction score
I agree. Parts are hard to find. But if you are willing to look you will find that most of the parts are easily found at your local automotive parts suppliers. Nappa, parts source, Canadian tire, etc. In Canada. Just take the part in. I've had my Kandi 800 for 2 years and ride it hard. I haven't had too many problems but yes I broke a few things, but I've broke my 700 raptor and the wife's cat 700 efi. My Problem with it is its very heavy and rough riding but will haul anything you can fit in the box.

Top Bottom