Users of Treo 755p from Telus

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is certainly off topic, but everyone here is pretty tech savy so why not.

Telus is forcing me to kick my startac. I am looking at the Treo 755P from telus. Anyone out there using one, or a 700p? I have had and used palms for 10+ years but never a smart phone.

General opinions - How do you like the product?

Can you do other things with it well when on a call? Does the thing ever mess up if you happen to be in another app when you get a call?

Is the phone data-locked in anway like other phones? IE do they make it so you can't transfer pics/data/ringtones/music etc without using their network? (ie. can you use BT/IR and/or cables to transfer *all* data at will like a normal palm device?)

Off chance: Is anyone using ACT! for Palm 2.0 with their treo?

Thanks for your help.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
if they are similar to the treo 650 there isnt much you can do with it when on a call other than talk. as for the locked thing i dont belive so. mine came with a dock and i can upload and download that way through my comp. i was really thinking of getting rid of it though in favour of a standard cell phone again. kinda big and bulky but it does eliminate the need for 2 portable devices. and you have to have the wireless data package as well for at least a year. minimum cost is an additional $25 a month.

Top Bottom