Urgent C391 24 HOURS OF ACTION: WE NEED YOU NOW!

rob350

Reaction score
URGENT:

Liberal MP Mark Holland is trying to derail the democratic process at C-391 review committee. On Tuesday June 1, 2010 Mark Holland introduced a motion to stop the review of the bill and return it to the house with a recommendation to kill the bill in parliament.

The committee meets again tomorrow where his motion will be heard again. IF HE SUCCEEDS, WE WILL LOSE ALL OF OUR HARD WORK IN SUPPORT OF THIS BILL!

If you are a concerned citizen and a lover of freedom and democracy, we need you to immediately email all MP's demanding Mark Holland allow the democratic process to continue. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW! WE NEED THESE EMAILS IN TONIGHT!

Please use the democracy machine to write a short email demanding that Mark Holland and other opposition parties in the committee allow the democratic process to continue.

It only takes 10 minutes of your time!

WE NEED 1000 members to do this tonight! 1000 emails X 308 members of the house = 308,000 emails!

Democracy-Machine.com - A work in progress...

Please select the option ALL MPs when sending your email. Please be firm but polite.

WE NEED THIS DONE TONIGHT! Please roll call in this thread when you have completed your task.

Cheers,

Pocket

All credits go to Canadian Guns and Firearms Discussion Forums for Shooting , Hunting and outdoor in Canada. Firearms Buy, Sell and Trade Listings. Forum de discussion Canadien sur les armes à feu et la chasse, I am simply informing more people.

The following was the msg I sent, but it was not originally my msg. If your lazy use it as a template. If not, write your own.

Either way, please send a msg. We must fight to keep our democracy.

subject: Failure of the Democratic Process; C-391

I am writing today to ask you personally to allow the democratic process to continue regarding bill C-391.

Regardless of your party's stance or your own personal beliefs, I ask you to respect the democratic process, the committee system and the rich tradition of parliamentary debate we are so lucky to have in our country.

I would ask all members of the house to urge the Honorable Mark Holland and others, to allow the committee process to continue in good faith and to halt this undemocratic attempt to block this bill from its 3rd reading.

PS read the simple "user guide" to learn how to use democracy machine emailer.

rob350

Reaction score
I thought I would have a better turn out on this forum, all the others had 20+ members confirm that they sent emails.

I have confirmed from a MP's assistant that there has been well over 400 people flooding the MP's inbox across Canada.
The assistant stated that this kind of a grass roots movement will not go unnoticed.

Im not going to bother explaining it to any detail as obviously no one cares, but the recommendation was passed 6-5 (just after 3:00 PM Alberta time), the bill will go back to the house and be voted on if it would be killed or not, with a recommendation from the committee to kill the bill.

Our chances of eliminating the long gun registry are slimming, but there is still hope.

It would be nice to see a few more Canadians pull together here.

Top Bottom