Upgrades to 2012 Pro RMK

Tippmannr

Reaction score
Hey guys. So i have a $450 limit, and would like some mods to make my Pro have more power, or save weight, so i can make it up more of those nice chutes. Im open to anything at all. Thanks.

PS, please nothing that will make me need to remap.

Last edited:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry dont know any mods but i would save if for one more trip to the hills and ride the piss out of her!!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that budget the only thing that comes to mind is a lightweight silencer.. Lose a few pounds anyway

Sent from a phone likely at work

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make it $500 and you could snowcheck a etec for 2013!!! LOL Just pulling your leg as you have a nice sled. For 450 i think a few guys i ride with have changed out the primary weights to something different that moves the weight to a different area.
They seem to like that as it pulls harder. $250+/-

Hey guys. So i have a $450 limit, and would like some mods to make my Pro have more power, or save weight, so i can make it up more of those nice chutes. Im open to anything at all. Thanks.

PS, please nothing that will make me need to remap.

Tippmannr

Reaction score
I would love to put it on a trip, but it is a credit to a shop, haha. How about anything for weight, or would any vents be worthwhile?
Thanks.

prairie rmk

Reaction score
Vents are good. Extrovert drivers and anti stab kit will allow you to run track looser and should but down a little more power. Also don't have to worry about ratcheting in the super deep pow.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power Addiction head, HPS can, SLP intake or the FIRNICE intake is a must. SLP primary spring before yours brakes, Gear it, Thats a good start.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
delrin washer for the secondary. blue/pink slp primary spring. 4 slp flow rites for a custom intake. And loose the air horns that are in the intake on the bottom side of the hood. some sort of can.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think you need to spend money on an SLP or F&I intake unless you've done some serious power-adding (engine) mods. I'm running the P.A. head and HPS can with the STOCK intake. My sled runs crisp and clean at all times, even when the powder is over the hood all day. $450 limit ? I'd focus on gearing & clutching.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think you need to spend money on an SLP or F&I intake unless you've done some serious power-adding (engine) mods. I'm running the P.A. head and HPS can with the STOCK intake. My sled runs crisp and clean at all times, even when the powder is over the hood all day. $450 limit ? I'd focus on gearing & clutching.

just simply gutting the air pod under the hood. No money needed. If you took it apart you would see that its quite restricted. Not saying that it should be done just a suggestion.

Marvin SK

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of this 007? Or can explain a little more on exactly what you did? I have a PA head and am hearing lots about the air restriction on these.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of this 007? Or can explain a little more on exactly what you did? I have a PA head and am hearing lots about the air restriction on these.

I can take pics of the horns, I will post them up tomorrow or later tonight as I have to run soon. To explain a little. The two frog skins or air intakes right below your handle bars have these horn like things behind them, not sure why but they reduce in size quite severely at the end. If you take the hood off and flip it upside down you will see where the air outlet to the air box is, that cover when taken off reveals all.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the worst of the two. The other has the same bend slightly bigger hole in the end.

Attachments

• air horn 1.jpg
    air horn 1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 390
  • air horn 2.jpg
    air horn 2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 420
  • air horn 3.jpg
    air horn 3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 391

sideshow13

Reaction score
Primary springs went second ride on the new pro... under 200 mile completely stock

Top Bottom