Updates from Sicamous

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be heading out Sunday Aft and will be riding Eagles Pass on Monday, will update conditions with pics Monday after we get down, don't expect any good hillclimbing pics I think we'll stick to mellow terrain this trip. Not sure where riding on Tues and Wed but will update nightly. Anybody else out there Mon-Wed?

cobbycat

Reaction score
Will be heading out Sunday Aft and will be riding Eagles Pass on Monday, will update conditions with pics Monday after we get down, don't expect any good hillclimbing pics I think we'll stick to mellow terrain this trip. Not sure where riding on Tues and Wed but will update nightly. Anybody else out there Mon-Wed?

there is no mellow terrain at eagles!!

Farmer B

Reaction score
Remeber riding Eagles Pass a few years back. We were lucky enough to hook up with some members of the Kelowna snowmoble club who said they would show us the area. The ride was great that day,but it was a day I will never forget. We were back on a big lake with walls to climb all the way around it. One of the older members told us to not climb on the one slope where some of the others were riding. We were watching them climb and then bang an avalance hit. The guy climbing tryed to race it down,he disappeared in the snow cloud a couple of times,but reappeared near the bottom waving his hands. When the snow hit the bottom it felt like the lake dropped two feet. The other members were quick to react and located him right away,they had his head dug out in minutes. He was about two feet under and I remember how packed the snow was in his helmet. His sled was down another ten feet. That was the first and hopefully the last live avalance I see. That day changed the way I ride and gave me a new respect for the mountains. Not trying to scare you off eagles pass,but I do not recall much mellow terrain there either. Ride safe and I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its defently big terrain,it bit me in 07,bad nov layer released in feb.pic's on profile

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go to Blue lake or owl's head or even quest, they are good riding with a lot of meadows and terrain that you can have a lot of fun without having to do the big climbs. stay safe and have fun.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so we ended up going to Blue Lk today, Me,Rick,Justin and Andrew had a great Day. Valley cloud open to clear skies above 4500ft Hope this slideshow works.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good pics summitX! You check your track often? :d lol If I remember correctly you checked it at boulder earlier this season!:beer: haha

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think checking it every day should be in the operators manual, you never know what you'll find, I just don't know how come there's a camera around when I check it.:beer:

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good pics, hope to be out again soon:d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to quest yesterday could use same pics from day before, clear blue skies, will put up so video tonight.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok threw a little vid togetrher
[FLV]http://video.snowandmud.com/flvideo/257.flv[/FLV]

Summitseeker

Reaction score
Anybody know if Sicamous got the same 8" that Revy did last night? Planning on heading up there tomorrow but do not want it to be like a skating rink like it is here on the coast.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if Sicamous got the same 8" that Revy did last night? Planning on heading up there tomorrow but do not want it to be like a skating rink like it is here on the coast.

Just checked with Silver Star site and they list 4cm past 24hr and 6cm in past 7 days, looks grim..good luck:beer:

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked with Silver Star site and they list 4cm past 24hr and 6cm in past 7 days, looks grim..good luck:beer:

hey, I have been in revy since last saturday. Am still in Revy tomorrow, want to hook up on boulder. Give me a reply.

Michael:)

Top Bottom